• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

21 Khaos ???

B
Jan 30, 2010
Northern BC
The khaos is not much more $ than the Pro, making it a good deal with the shock package. I'd like to get the khaos 165 for the shocks.

I assume the khaos would be really bad for climbing up through steep and tight terrain? A wheelie machine is the last thing you would want then.

I am guessing the 165 will plant the skis quite a bit better than this years khaos 155. Making it a fun mountain sled that can get through tight terrain. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
I’m curious about this too which one would wheelie more a PRO RMK 155 or a 165 Kaos? How would they compare in technical terrain? Which one is better suited for hop overs re entry’s and what not?

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
I have a 20 khaos I got it later this year so the snow had a good base but I didn't have a problem climbing uphill through the trees it carries the skis about 8 inches off the snow and away you go I really like it all it takes is body English to go side to side and pick your way.

It's a little more tippy than a pro but to me not drastically more. I was direct comparing to a 19 pro both with 36" front ends set all the way narrow and both 155 belt drive models.

B
Jan 30, 2010
Northern BC
I’m curious about this too which one would wheelie more a PRO RMK 155 or a 165 Kaos? How would they compare in technical terrain? Which one is better suited for hop overs re entry’s and what not?

I have a 20 khaos I got it later this year so the snow had a good base but I didn't have a problem climbing uphill through the trees it carries the skis about 8 inches off the snow and away you go I really like it all it takes is body English to go side to side and pick your way.

It's a little more tippy than a pro but to me not drastically more. I was direct comparing to a 19 pro both with 36" front ends set all the way narrow and both 155 belt drive models.
I drive a 155 now and have it figured out it for the tight stuff. A 165 khaos couldn't be worse than it, only better, I would think. Plus more fun in the meadows would be a bonus.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
My buddy's 163 kaos doesn't anymore wheelying than a pro the way he has it set up. No worries whatsoever playing on steep stuff in the trees. I haven't rode a stock 155 kaos. I heard they wheelie a bunch but i bet most of it is still in your setup. There will be nothing you can't play on with a 165 kaos.

M
Feb 7, 2019
I have the 155 Khaos and my buddy had the 155 Pro. The Khaos is so much more fun in all conditions except the deep and steep straight up the hill pulls and even there the difference is minimal. I might turn out just a smidgen sooner but that could be the difference in the run we got at it or even rider ability. The mild penalty there does not come close to offsetting the absolute fun factor of the Khaos. Add the 165 track next year and I honestly don't know why they even offer the Pro. You can tune the FTS to so closely mimic the Pro that I don't think most people would notice any advantage to it. The Khaos is by far the most fun sled I've ever ridden and with the longer track, it will be the sled to have going forward in my opinion. All my Pro buddies are wishing they had bought the Khaos. I'll be adding a 165 to mine for next winter!

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
was thinking you could just pull limiter strap in a notch if it wheelies too bad? i too am kinda wondering where a pro would be any better once you adjusted the suspension down like a pro. might be cool to have the quick adjust limiter like a skidoo on this, or the push button adjustable rear shock that the 21 alpha will get.

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
I have the 155 Khaos and my buddy had the 155 Pro. The Khaos is so much more fun in all conditions except the deep and steep straight up the hill pulls and even there the difference is minimal. I might turn out just a smidgen sooner but that could be the difference in the run we got at it or even rider ability. The mild penalty there does not come close to offsetting the absolute fun factor of the Khaos. Add the 165 track next year and I honestly don't know why they even offer the Pro. You can tune the FTS to so closely mimic the Pro that I don't think most people would notice any advantage to it. The Khaos is by far the most fun sled I've ever ridden and with the longer track, it will be the sled to have going forward in my opinion. All my Pro buddies are wishing they had bought the Khaos. I'll be adding a 165 to mine for next winter!

We've experienced similar sentiments on our shop 162 khaos we built. Also running with the Fox QS-L rear shock the option of locking the rear shock out for deep snow eliminates virtually any of the perks of the RMK that we have seen. This way you have a fun sled all the time and the quick control that can easily be toggled with the lockout.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I love my Khaos. Put a 162 epic 2.8 on it and the way I have it set up it stays very planted. It’s my favorite tree slayer. Very disappointed in the 2021 Khaos. Graphics and colors are terrible. Don’t know why they don’t have the 165 in the 155 tunnel.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I love my Khaos. Put a 162 epic 2.8 on it and the way I have it set up it stays very planted. It’s my favorite tree slayer. Very disappointed in the 2021 Khaos. Graphics and colors are terrible. Don’t know why they don’t have the 165 in the 155 tunnel.

Yes, it would have been nice to see the short tunnels, but I do think it is coming.

Graphics wise......personally not a fan either but in reality, I wrap'em anyways so it's not a huge deal.

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT

Buy the base 155 RMK for around $1k less, a set of our 163 or new (soon to be made) 165 Khaos rails and and the Fox khaos shock package and you then can build your short tunnel combo, get even higher end shocks and rails and your choice of a much larger array of tracks.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I've been looking at the Khaos 165 / 2.75" and I'm leaning heavily towards snowchecking but.......I would kinda like to try a short tunnel.

So.......

Does a guy just get a 155 Khaos (short tunnel) then change out track and rails and then go with one of these options,

1 - hope Polaris offers the Series 8, 165 / 2.75 track ??? and hope Ice Age does some 165 Khaos rails????
2 - Just change out to 163 Ice Age rails and some other 163 track ????

Or....

Just get the 165 / 2.75 Khaos and do the MTNTK tunnel shorting kit ? I haven't seen these in person and don't much about them but I am leaning this way, because I would like to try this new Series 8, 2.75" and who knows what the availability will be ?????

Decisions, decisions .........

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
i wouldnt do the mtntk kit, cut your back end off and use plastic and a hose to join the heat exchanger ends. To much possibility of a failure. It looked good when it came out, but seems cheapy cheapy

cvcustoms

#getsomegetthere
Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2018
www.cvcustoms.com
i wouldnt do the mtntk kit, cut your back end off and use plastic and a hose to join the heat exchanger ends. To much possibility of a failure. It looked good when it came out, but seems cheapy cheapy

Has anyone had a snowmobile in for warranty with a shortened tunnel? Either MTNTK kit, cut/weld or bypass factory cooler and use different heat exchanger? Just wondering if Polaris is still covering these sleds? Would be interested in what people have run into...

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I've been looking at the Khaos 165 / 2.75" and I'm leaning heavily towards snowchecking but.......I would kinda like to try a short tunnel.

So.......

Does a guy just get a 155 Khaos (short tunnel) then change out track and rails and then go with one of these options,

1 - hope Polaris offers the Series 8, 165 / 2.75 track ??? and hope Ice Age does some 165 Khaos rails????

Or....

Just get the 165 / 2.75 Khaos and do the MTNTK tunnel shorting kit ? I haven't seen these in person and don't much about them but I am leaning this way, because I would like to try this new Series 8, 2.75" and who knows what the availability will be ?????

First question I think is to ask yourself what benefits you’re looking for from a short tunnel and will YOU actually benefit from it. If you’re not riding ridiculously steep terrain and/or doing re-entrys on the regular its probably not gonna do much for a guy.

I think buying a 155” and putting 163” rails on makes the most sense. No worries about cutting, welding, leaks, etc. BUT there is less than a 5” difference between the 155” and 163” tunnel... not huge. Should be able to sell the series 8 take off and drivers like nothing for top dollar and get a proven track and drivers of your choice. A few hundred dollars for rails, and you’re set. Probably the easiest, cheapest route.

A raised handle bumper is a must with a cut tunnel IMO, knocks another 3” or so of drag off the rear. Good idea even with out a cut tunnel. REALLY like mine from BM fab.

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT

So.......

The short tunnel is legit. Our shop sled is ridden by a number of riders of greatly varying skill and yes, the more skilled riders notice it more but we have found that even the more moderate skilled riders the sled is more forgiving, it will keep digging its way around and keeps on going vs giving up and being stuck. We are VERY pleased with our 162 stretch.

We have already done Khaos 165 custom rails for some customers this winter and will be offering them as a standard item heading into the fall.

Polaris will be offering the 165 track, it is a service part for a production model, the only risk might be exact availability. That being said there are a number of 165 3.5 pitch aftermarket offerings guys have had great luck with.

jb800

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Currently MN
Curious what everyone else was quoted. 165 kahos, 2.75 no electric start and no pidd. $14,500. I'm gonna cut the tunnel and weld it. Short tunnel is the only way to go. My 154 Alpha will come over backwards and my 2020 155 pro just gives up.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
my 2020 155 pro will be getting the khaos conversion, ice age 165 rails, 2.75 165 track, 6 tooth drivers, the larger qd lower gear, and the new qd belt. :)

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Yeah the more I've been pondering this, I think getting the 155 and changing the rails and track might be the way to go. I just wasn't a big fan of cutting up a new sled!! LOL

And, does a guy "need" a short tunnel......well that is relative I guess. Every little trick, improvement here or there and mods can all help and really that's part of the fun is making yours and playing around.

I'm thinking a brand new set of take off 155 Khaos rails and a brand new Series 8, 155 /2.75" track would probably sell fairly easy ?

Ski-Dont89

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2010
WYOMING
Yeah the more I've been pondering this, I think getting the 155 and changing the rails and track might be the way to go. I just wasn't a big fan of cutting up a new sled!! LOL

And, does a guy "need" a short tunnel......well that is relative I guess. Every little trick, improvement here or there and mods can all help and really that's part of the fun is making yours and playing around.

I'm thinking a brand new set of take off 155 Khaos rails and a brand new Series 8, 155 /2.75" track would probably sell fairly easy ?

I can tell you right now I would 100% take a track

Premium Features