• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2025 Timbersled

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013
I'm only kinda joking about that. Snowbikes enjoyed a brief period of hype like rollerblades in the 90s. But that's fading now. Obviously guys enjoy them and they're good tools for a certain style of riding. But I've seen a lot of guys buy into the hype to be let down by an underpowered machine with finicky mechanical issues, so they've gone back to snowmobiles. The hype is fading at the same time as the post-COVID downturn in powersports sales, and at the same time that dedicated snowbikers already own a sorted machine. We keep hearing about a dedicated platform with a bigger CVT motor, but until that happens I don't think the snowbike market has a bright future.

PGTDragon

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 17, 2009
Lakewood Co.
I have not seen a significant increase in technology since I bought my 2018 Aro kit, at least not enough to justify a new kit, whereas I have 2 new matrix sleds (9R and Boost).
I love my snowbike and it definitely has its place, just not in deep snow or big hills, but without a major manufacturer building a 100+hp reasonably reliable machine I don’t see the sport evolving a lot past where it is. Given the current cost of a new sled I would be willing to buy factory snowbike for 25k, but I don’t see the market being big enough to justify it. I expect sales to unfortunately continue to decline thus no major technological changes.
Maybe someone will get a turbo or supercharger kit right for bikes.

Premium Features