• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 Ski-Doo 10.25 Optional Gauge!

What happened to the good old days when we just rode and didn’t need gps and tracking computers to see our buddies? Next someone will sue skidoo because they couldn’t find there friend on the screen. Maybe they can put instagram on it to so you can update your cool videos as you ride.
Go back to the good old days. Do you ride a sled with leaf springs and bogey wheels?
The point is, that the technology is there to have this available, why not put it on?

Hi Dave, if it were the same as Polaris I wouldn't have taken it off my order. It does have the same con as the S7 with a battery but it doesn't have the same pros that outweigh said cons.
I could overlook the battery if we had buddy tracking and standalone GPS. One of my big concerns with this is the battery life on a cell phone in single digit temps while supporting GPS. I don't see any way it will last all day.
Unless all connectivity to the 10.25 screen is done via bluetooth and you can have the phone connected to 12v? Either way, it's just too much crap to mess with to justify what you're getting for $1200.
Thank you for all you do for the sport and the reply! Take care
I agree, you can have your phone powered, not sure if when hooked up it recieves power or if not usb in the glove box, i agree it would have been awesome to have buddy tracking and does not mean it won't. Many will just get the 2 button gauge and be happy with that, however if it comes in a year it can be just uploaded but if you dont have the screen you can just wifi it in, the gauge is not perfect but it is designed to be improved upon, so that is a good thing. It is like shot, remember when guys said they did not need it and ordered it with out then realized they should have got it and especially for resale. Either way it does not make the sled, the power is what guys are really gonna love!
Thanks for your input for sure! dave

I know we like to pick on Dave, but he's just the messenger. Would I like to see more features on the big screen, absolutely. But I still ordered in hopes upgrades are coming down the road. There are lots of things we don't really know about it and all the capabilities yet. More to follow I'm sure. Until then, Dave, keep the information coming. Cheers
I dont think people are bugging me, i agree i wish it also tracked, some of the polaris guys I have talked to said it does not always work so this tech is new and will be improved upon, and that is a good thing, I meant like polaris with the battery, not the guage. sometimes my run on sentences get mixed up for guys, I also hope this is a starting point and will be improved upon quick, as i know the engineers, I think it will be.
happy riding

Torque app that can be used for vehicle performance viewing uses the OBS2 data port that cars have. It only works with cars but it is an example of using the data stream that instruments use and porting it to a handheld device like an android display.

Premium Features

Back