• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 cat. Where is it?

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
I’m really surprised that no one has started it. But I guess it’s cause everyone lost hope.
I’d like to think that cat is working hard on something the current chassis is no bag of cement.
It holds its own and in some instances better then the other 2. But it would be nice if they would shatter the industry with something unreal.
Cheers to
Hoping

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Oh it started... last September!

https://www.snowest.com/forum/threads/one-more-year-for-cat-to-test-the-supposed-new-sled.459560/

I hate to even say it, but with how bad supply is getting I wouldn't be shocked now to see the current chassis for another year with a new powerplant option or two. I think the trail folks are due for a new chassis too and trying to deliver for both is a tall order right now. Cat needs some new innovation and it has to be a homerun or I fear their lives may run out.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I want a new chassis as much as the next guy. But think how they've used a ton of current parts on this chassis for years and are still having a ton of supply issues. I just don't see them being tooled up enough to supply parts for a new chassis. I wouldn't want them to underdeliver and have everyone order a new chassis to just wait until Feb/march next year to get them.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
2024 for a new Cat may be more realistic given how slow Textron has been in moving to beef up its sled line.

Also, if they are bringing something all new better to really test it out and fine tune it before it gets to consumers.

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
Just look at Poo right now, all kinds of issues popping up with the sleds that are out there with no replacement parts or solutions, now there is a stop sale/ride order as well. Way over promised on the Maytrx and now failing misserably on delivery, my 22 has been pushed to between Feb 16 and 28

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
Does anyone have any idea on the release?
I know I’m wishful thinking but it would be great if they came out with something
. Even the Loyals are jumping ship

spag900

Premium Member
Dec 15, 2007
Wonder if Polaris is going to warranty the clutches that are breaking off on the new Matryxs.... Seems Cat isn't the only bad clutch supplier now. Something new would be great for sure, I will continue to ride my '20 until then! No point ordering a new one when it won't get to you for a year from when you put your cash down on it.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Whether it's a better sled is preference.
The tunnel is nicer. The guage is the bomb and never thought I'd care about guages. The seat and narrowness is awesome. It goes through the snow easier than anything. They have more power. Fit and finish is better and easier to work on. They have a belt holder and better thought out accessories. Running boards are night and day better. Steer waaay easier.
Even though i am trashing on cat the alpha is more fun than any of them. It has really good power for an 800 and my favorite, no feedback through the bars. To get estart you have to get a seat that is 2 inches too high and get a heavier sled that packs less gas. Cat just needs a lot of little things. They have a really good sled but i would call the matryx a great sled. They just aren't keeping up with the rest starting with an 850 or a turbo. Oh wait, not sure polaris has a turbo because I still haven't seen mine.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
If you stop riding your sled because you can't figure out how to improve throttle cable routing to get bends out of it, you don't deserve to be riding. Bearings in the motor are obviously a different issue.

I'm not buying another cat until they figure out how to make an air intake that's not a hot box right over the motor, have some mass balance in the front of the sled instead of everything sitting on the left side on an already offset motor, and figure out how to make a front end that's made for steering on its side, not bandaid spindle angles for poor front heavy weight distribution.

I agree on this being a huge chance to get back in and re-establish themselves. Would be great to restructure more domestic supply lines. Good for jobs, good for manufacturing. But arctic cat is a textron company now, not a snowmobile company. Somehow BRP and Polaris can still figure it out. Yamaha and Cat are just too stubborn to learn. They seemed to have stopped at "monorail!........okay all done now"

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
My 20 ran awesome in powder. Not so much on 19. I love the front-end as far as no feedback. If they could just lighten the steering effort by a bunch. Cats have always steered hard. My m8 was aweful combined with crappy steering column. I for the life of me can't believe they won't stamp an alpha track for a 2 rail skid. Actually thought Yamaha out to do it as a way to separate each other. Pretty simple to appeal to more people. just a lot of simple fixes. If they don't do something quick, they will be forgotten.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
i agree there are many little things thats should be done and should have already been done to make the sled better and keep people interested. Its a shame because the chassis and engine are great and with a few things that have been mentioned they would be that much better. with all that said my 18 gives up nothing to any non turbo or mod sled ive come across. My wish list is pretty short ctec900 belt drive and a lighter hood. the buddy tracking guage would be cool im not sure if i would drop 700 bucks on it or not though.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
A ctec 900 and people might forgive them for no turbo for another year. It would at least show they are interested in staying relevant. As long as they didn't add a bunch of weight. Cats are already heavy. My bet is the heaviest of the three. Matryx hood is fairly heavy. It's all in gauge and headlight. That gauge is so worth it. Tell where people are. Tells how far and stopped or moving. You can text a message. Time, elevation, temp, everything basically on one easy to read screen. Gauge is a grand.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I'm perfectly fine with an NA cat motor. It's everything else that needs a makeover. Poo's 850 still doesn't have as much torque as cat's 800. It's an improvement over polaris' 800 but that thing doesn't even deserve an 8 in front of it.

Cat's 800 runs just fine with skidoo's 850 too imo

Just fyi, if you're looking for an alpha track for twin rails, this thing is close, and they'll trim it to 15" for you. And yes that's just the skidoo track. 3" paddles, 3.5" pitch.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
I'm positive I can run an alpha track on my cmx. With the ezryde. Someone send me a track and some 7? (3.5 pitch right?) Maybe even have room for 8 tooth driver's. Ohhh and I'm also with us turboless Terry. Where is my boost? Lol saving the cmx for the boost but ff...sake buddy? I ain't yo guy friend???

Lik3 what do we need to do to fix the b.s. going on in the world right now? #wwDD? #doitfordale224u I just wanna get back to chasing anorexic young mother's and talking smack about highmarking my bros kitty Kat...

Serious note? See meme attached in later post (if b-rad remembers). Tangibly if cat goes under or not I still blame skidoo. What a crock of b.s. that was to sue over "pyramidal over structure". Literally if it wasn't for nickelback AND the Weeknd I'd say - something off-niceee about Canada lol.

I would say... that cat invested in supercharger tech and has since realised how much of a s-storm it would be trying to sell a sled that gets 4mpg. Always thought cats front suspension (2011 race sled+) on a Polaris chassis would be the ticket. Cat and Yamaha have a lot of good things going and I hope them/you all the best this season! Even ya Canadians euhbut anyone from Cali yo motha's a ***?!
fe04148a227633999e5b2c422a288888.jpg
323342c9cc5fef507d0fb378d1bd9c54.jpg
c81a0666d42b576fa5b03e5e5405f469.jpg
8cd59270fcb5d922d536f71371992dd2.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Premium Features