• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 cat reveal!!

PLEASE change the title of this thread! 2024. Larger engine 2025. (Other than some sneaky ones poking around.) :)

I really hope for Cat that this chassis is the lightest on the market and out handles/performs the matryx and Gen5. The larger engine has to be light and cranking out more than Polaris’s 9R. They need to have their late to the party business model be worth the wait.

I really hope for Cat that this chassis is the lightest on the market and out handles/performs the matryx and Gen5. The larger engine has to be light and cranking out more than Polaris’s 9R. They need to have their late to the party business model be worth the wait.
I agree totally and that would sweet but there's simple nothing in their history that gives me any confidence that they will do this.
The Die Hard loyalist that are blind to reality will certainly claim that the overweight tanker handles better and actually feels lighter than the Poo & Doo while it's engine is actually superior and puts out more power than the others with more displacement...

I agree totally and that would sweet but there's simple nothing in their history that gives me any confidence that they will do this.
The Die Hard loyalist that are blind to reality will certainly claim that the overweight tanker handles better and actually feels lighter than the Poo & Doo while it's engine is actually superior and puts out more power than the others with more displacement...
polaris skidoo and arctic cat have led the market in the mountains in the last 12 years so its not impossible for any one of them to pull market share back and forth. How many ascender chassis sleds have you ridden or ridden with if you think there a tanker with a **** engine? Not saying they didnt fall behind the last couple years with virtually no improvements for 22 and 23 i wont debate that. I believe they stuck all there resources into the new chassis, and if not for covid would have released it for 23, but Cat cant afford to release a product and not deliver the sleds on time or have a stop ride notice, they would lose the limited number of cat riders they have. I really hope this new sled is as good as it could be, and that they can get there new "big bore" out sooner.

It’s really to bad. I hate how cat has this kind of terrible shadow over itself. if we look at doo and poo “ the great innovators” so they say. They’ve been riding the same chassis since 2013 and yet everyone things it’s all niew and all improved. when really this new catalyst is the only sled chassis since the proclimb the rev or the rmk pro to be totally redesigned. and when we look at cat. They have amazing tech the lay down engine is worlds ahead for a sled chassis to be able to get it close so the bulk head and driver. The alpha is worlds ahead yet some still think it’s garbage without even trying it. but the T-motion was the great Before it even hit the snow. So great they are deleting it now. even in the last couple years with the blast and the zr 200 it’s great things that helped cat be profitable. Heck cat builds sleds for 3 of the 4 manufacturers that’s pretty huge if you ask me.

2019 to me was the last year cat was ahead. I had a 2019 alpha great sled but I had motor reliability issues. Polaris and doo have had new chassis (bulkhead and tunnels) since 2013 plus new renditions of those chassis (Gen5 and matryx). Doos engine tech is way ahead of everyone plus systems like shot start and their build quality is top notch. Polaris was always best handling, light weight, and their gauge tech is great. Cat just seemed to sit idle and be semi good with nothing major ahead of others (tracks really good, alpha skid depends on snow conditions and ability). The alpha skid was game changing attached to and old sled. This new catalyst looks crazy promising and is one nice looking sled. They have addressed so many issues just from the minimal info we have. I will be snowchecking one no questions asked if there’s more than a 600 power plant by the time 2024 snowcheck comes around.

It’s really to bad. I hate how cat has this kind of terrible shadow over itself. if we look at doo and poo “ the great innovators” so they say. They’ve been riding the same chassis since 2013 and yet everyone things it’s all niew and all improved. when really this new catalyst is the only sled chassis since the proclimb the rev or the rmk pro to be totally redesigned. and when we look at cat. They have amazing tech the lay down engine is worlds ahead for a sled chassis to be able to get it close so the bulk head and driver. The alpha is worlds ahead yet some still think it’s garbage without even trying it. but the T-motion was the great Before it even hit the snow. So great they are deleting it now. even in the last couple years with the blast and the zr 200 it’s great things that helped cat be profitable. Heck cat builds sleds for 3 of the 4 manufacturers that’s pretty huge if you ask me.

The engine jugs are back so far it almost looks like they are planning a v4 and that would be wild

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kinda wonder if they planning to get the jump on the E.
one of the guys said they werent sure if the market was ready for this yet or how they would react, or ssomething like that. maybe he was hinting to more than just plastic running boards.

Are the dealers getting their usual allotment of sleds to sell this year? I'm aware of one locally that is not receiving a huge quantity of their standard order, which could put smaller dealers in jeopardy of having their doors open by the time this magic AC shows up.

not sure where you heard they're deleting tmo. it's on every one of their '23 mountain sleds with the exception of the expert.

Doo is smart to offer three different rear suspension options for their mountain sleds, T-motion, Expert no t-motion, and Lynx.

It would be great if Cat offered a single rail and double rail rear suspension choice on their mountain sleds.

Premium Features

Back