• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 Matrix - Minor annoyances/Tips and tricks

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
It's not as pathetic as getting electric start! Or is that your wife's sled you are riding?

Ha!
After a good tree session when everyone in the group has spaghetti noodle arms……

I can see the jealousy on every single face after hitting the key. ?

Looks like you have a good dose of it yourself ?

It’s also good for burying the poor sucker who parks in the spray zone, chrmm braaappp - snowpile.

I think of it as no different than single track on 300’s.

Nobody wants a kickstart only bike after a good hillclimb session. ?

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Ha!
After a good tree session when everyone in the group has spaghetti noodle arms……

I can see the jealousy on every single face after hitting the key. ?

Looks like you have a good dose of it yourself ?

It’s also good for burying the poor sucker who parks in the spray zone, chrmm braaappp - snowpile.

I think of it as no different than single track on 300’s.

Nobody wants a kickstart only bike after a good hillclimb session. ?
You have got to be kidding? If you are too tired to pull start your sled you should not be riding.

A
Sep 14, 2009
Well I got my belt on and all Set up.. ready to break in again?. Just double checking, the battery strap hasn’t showed up yet. Can I just not put the battery in and pull start it like the pre electric start days? Gauge etc seems to work. Thanks

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
You have got to be kidding? If you are too tired to pull start your sled you should not be riding.
He is not kidding. Haven't had es gor 3 years and i was one drooling or should i say pissed off when i was pull starting my sled. You will also not make it some where i can't because my sled has electric start and yours doesn't. I can pull start my sled all day but choose not to because my shoulders need replaced. I pour concrete for a living. Not some nancy boy. Don't need anyone telling me i shouldn't be riding. My wife used to have trouble with starting a rev because you had to barely crack the throttle and she needed both hands. Another buddy's wife used to say if you cant start it you cant ride it. Well guess what, she can't start her polaris and needs electric start. I guess the moral of it is watch what you say because you might be there some day and then you look really stupid.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Spoken like a true meadow muffin……
?

Maybe try riding real terrain sometime……

You keep posting things like “starts with a flick of the wrist” and trying as hard as possible to prove you are the best, strongest, most amazing rider on the planet.

Give it a rest…..

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
My minor annoyance - This thing doesn't handle near as well my '17 Axys. I have a 2022 Pro slash 155 and it wants to keep both skis flat on the snow and going straight. My son who has a 2019 850 Pro rode it for 2 minutes and gave it back saying ' You can keep that F'ing thing'. I assume it is a suspension set up issue (I hope). Mechanic is going through it Saturday. Right now it pretty much sucks. It gets up on edge about like my 2014 Pro did, if even that good.

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
My minor annoyance - This thing doesn't handle near as well my '17 Axys. I have a 2022 Pro slash 155 and it wants to keep both skis flat on the snow and going straight. My son who has a 2019 850 Pro rode it for 2 minutes and gave it back saying ' You can keep that F'ing thing'. I assume it is a suspension set up issue (I hope). Mechanic is going through it Saturday. Right now it pretty much sucks. It gets up on edge about like my 2014 Pro did, if even that good.
Loosen the rts and tighten the fts. That should help

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Set up is wrong
Boost is awesome and regular 850 matryx is light and nimble. Better than an axys and the pro feels like a boat anchor to an axys. Also comparing a 39 in front to a 36 react front end. Something is completely wrong

OnlyPolaris

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada
Well I got my belt on and all Set up.. ready to break in again?. Just double checking, the battery strap hasn’t showed up yet. Can I just not put the battery in and pull start it like the pre electric start days? Gauge etc seems to work. Thanks

Yes you can use the sled without the battery. Only thing I would recommend is to unplug the electric start harness. That way you don't have to worry about the positive cable touching anything and shorting out.

idahosledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I hate to admit it but I agree;
I have always snow checked with the base rebuildable shocks and it works out of the box.
This time I paid for the upgrade piggybacks and this thing is so nose heavy it's hard to believe.
My Axys was a breeze compared to this.
I only put 40 miles on so far, loosened the RTS (was almost backed off all that already but still no sag) and cranked up the FTS 3 turns (was also backed off almost all the way).
Still felt like 2 tons of ski weight.
When I got it back home I tweaked the shocks a bit more and pulled the swaybar, something I haven't done since the 900 tank days.
I also put on Alternative Impact A-arms, I know that won't improve handling but I like the true clearance and heim joint set up better.
Hopefully I can get back out this weekend and see how she does now.

Full disclosure, this is E-start with turbo so obviously much more weight than my Axys was but still shouldn't be this bad.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I have always snow checked with the base rebuildable shocks and it works out of the box.
This time I paid for the upgrade piggybacks and this thing is so nose heavy it's hard to believe.
I only put 40 miles on so far, loosened the RTS (was almost backed off all that already but still no sag) and cranked up the FTS 3 turns (was also backed off almost all the way).
When I got it back home I tweaked the shocks a bit more and pulled the swaybar, something I haven't done since the 900 tank days.
I also put on Alternative Impact A-arms, I know that won't improve handling but I like the true clearance and heim joint set up better.

Full disclosure, this is E-start with turbo so obviously much more weight than my Axys was but still shouldn't be this bad.
Crank the fts almost all the way. Quit too early. 3 turns doesn't do spit. If not happy with that revert to sheetmetalfabs post about kaos shocks and limiter strap. Also it is not as light as an axys. It is 23 pounds heavier plus 20ish pounds of electric start. It will always be heavier than stock. It is not free horsepower. Put a cv customs estart kit on and diamond s
Muffler on it and that will ixnay 25 pounds out of front. If still too heavy, send it down the road and buy a regular 850. Easy sell.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

Those alternative impact arms are going to make your steering stiff. Definitely a step in the wrong direction.

165 boost = needs Khaos conversion stat!

Buy a raptor shock eye and limiter strap for cheap.

idahosledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Already on the preorder list for the cv custom kit.
It's already late enough in the season I decided to wait and see how the new mufflers pan out.
Believe me I am far from giving up on this thing I am just not used to them being so far off right off the bat.
I went 3 turns on the FTS on the hill and another 3 once I got it back in the shop; I am just used to small adjustments at a time.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Already on the preorder list for the cv custom kit.
It's already late enough in the season I decided to wait and see how the new mufflers pan out.
Believe me I am far from giving up on this thing I am just not used to them being so far off right off the bat.
I went 3 turns on the FTS on the hill and another 3 once I got it back in the shop; I am just used to small adjustments at a time.
They come out of the box with way too much ski pressure.

Moving weight forward from the axys means much different shock settings.

idahosledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Ya, like I said, feels like a dump truck with the PS belt broke.
I'll get it dialed in I just didn't expect it to be this far off.
I may need to consider the raptor setup if I am still not happy.
I personally have never cared much for the Kaos feel but this could use some of that.

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
Ya, like I said, feels like a dump truck with the PS belt broke.
I'll get it dialed in I just didn't expect it to be this far off.
I may need to consider the raptor setup if I am still not happy.
I personally have never cared much for the Kaos feel but this could use some of that.

Put the stock control arms back on! Unless you like super stiff steering or have hulk arms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D
Dec 15, 2020
I rode my Kahos Boost 155 last night and it is super front heavy with almost no ski lift. I though these things were supposed to be playful. LOL I have allot of work to do to get this sleds suspension dialed in.

Premium Features