• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 Lynx Track rubbing on one side.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
After my last ride i notice my track is rubbing pretty bad on one side of the tunnel and chewing up my track )

It definitely looks like the alignment got out of whack big gap on one side, no gap on the other side ( between the nubbin things and the skid).

I haven't had a chance to fix the alignment hopefully thats all it is. The whole thing looks off kilter though.

can it get out of alignment in the front too? or just the back with the adjusters screws?

I havn't ever hit anything, I think my tunnel is straight as an arrow still

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Spent a little bit of time messing with it I loosened the rear axle and the weird lynx snow flap bracket thing. tightened the riders side right adjuster like 5 full turns. Which in theory should move the track over to the left? It tightened the track for sure but didn't do anything to the alignment.

I did not move it at all even after running it with the track in the air the track is still way over on the right. Almost seems like my entire skid is twisted/bent somehow.

confused. :confused: and also don't know what I'm doing lol.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Put a straight edge saw guide thing on it best I could.

I'm pretty sure my rails are bent. I'm a bit new to this so want to make sure before I order new stock ones or ice age ones. Terrible time for it to be all messed up with all the pow latley lol.

Last edited:
K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Impressive! Any idea how that happened?
I actually have no idea.

The only thing I can think of is I did fall into a 12-15 foot creek hole last season that I didn't see and pinned it at the last second landed tail first on the ice at the bottom. But I have checked my track tension and alignment and stuff since then and didn't notice anything all this season. Maybe that weakened it and it slowly got worse? I really have no idea.

Just did a shakedown ride this morning with the new ice age rails on it. works good again.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
The creek hole would do it. The rails will probably look worse when the suspension is off because it is probably holding them in place.

A few years ago I went over a small drift by a tree only to see a blowout. I believe it was only a 3-4’ drop and I tried to clear it but rear of sled hit bottom first, not completely level and square, and it bent my M8 rails. Didnt look too bad, maybe 1/2” or more but after getting rails disconnected from everything they really bowed.

R
Nov 16, 2016
While you have this apart, I would suggest replacing the idler wheel bearings.
These are industry standard bearings, and can be purchased from a major bearing supplier for a fraction of the OEM cost.
The industry standard p/n will be etched into the bearing.
Same bearings, but perhaps in a different brand.

Steer clear of the BBQ Pork and Fried Rice brands.

Twistgrip

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2012
Well I got skid out. LOL yea that aint right :LOL:

Ice age rails/hi-fax's supposed to get here tomorrow. Might not even miss a weekend of riding. Had to get black rails though the red ones were 2-4 weeks out.

Wow that's a bummer. Did you change the track out too or let it buck? Also how about a pick with the black rails installed?

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Hi, do you mind me asking why you have this part on one side and not the other?
Hey sorry didn't see this.

Um, thats how it came? I was going to say maybe I put it on backwards, but that pic is from before I changed the rails so thats how it came. Thats how it came from Lynx. Beats me lol.

Buddy I sold sled to was asking about it too. I'm not sure why it even has that weird spacer on one side in the first place but thats how it is from Lynx.

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
Would it be a 'Stop' for the suspension pivot arm ? As to not over pivot forward. Parts fiche reads as 'Limiter bushing'.
I recall seeing photo of a Lynx rear suspension over-cam'd forward last year.

1702413745892.png

Last edited:
Premium Features