• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 Boost: must do mods & DIY fixes

Just bought a 2022 Boost with <200miles on it.I know lots of people have done mods and DIY fixes to correct the issues with the earlier boosts. After a few seasons of use, which ones are a must do?

Thanks Aaron…..more thinking of fixes versus mods; ie turbo infeed elbow, extra intakes in air box, which year flash to run, etc. I know guys like sheetmetalfab have tried a TON of things to fix Polaris problems.

I’m happy with the mtntk intake. (It replaces the intake air elbow)

Boondocker is cheaper though.
And a cheap silicone elbow.

Newest flash.

Check the throttle body to airbox connection.

Get the Latest clutch bolt revision.

Lap the primary to the crank.

If your sled is a 165 you will want to swap it out for a 155 track.

Because the boost is so nose heavy, with a 165 it’s like riding an old M7.

Goes great and tractors out of anything.

But not fun to ride.
I am not sure how the track length can cause the nose to be heavy unless you mean the 155 picks up the nose more on acceleration? That would make sense. Also the 165 would push more in the corners. The reality is 155's are somewhat like unicorns where we ride because there is just too much snow and the mountains are too steep. Sure there are a few but mostly just guys who stick to open meadows or just use them for ski touring. I wish we could get away with a short track for menuverability but it has been out of the question. However, I wonder what a 155 Boost would be like with a 3.25 track? This may make it possible.

I am not sure how the track length can cause the nose to be heavy unless you mean the 155 picks up the nose more on acceleration? That would make sense. Also the 165 would push more in the corners. The reality is 155's are somewhat like unicorns where we ride because there is just too much snow and the mountains are too steep. Sure there are a few but mostly just guys who stick to open meadows or just use them for ski touring. I wish we could get away with a short track for menuverability but it has been out of the question. However, I wonder what a 155 Boost would be like with a 3.25 track? This may make it possible.
There’s a comma in my post.

2 attributes that add up to a sled not being fun.

I have a 24 pro boost 155 with a 3.25 and all the mods I recommend besides the 300lx. I love it. Plenty of playfulness and it still works great in the steep and technical terrain. I was worried about trenching with that big lug but it hasn’t been an issue for me. It jumps right out of the snow and hooks! I ride in Colorado just for reference.

Last edited:
Replace the front track shock spring with a 160-170# spring.
The stock FTS spring is the issue with the 165 feeling heavy.
I know where you can get them.
Does the Khaos have the same spring rate as the Pro?

Replace the front track shock spring with a 160-170# spring.
The stock FTS spring is the issue with the 165 feeling heavy.
I know where you can get them.
With my sled being a Pro, I was simply going to convert it to a Khaos with longer LS and shock eye ext (I have monotubes). In addition previous owner moved the skid to the assualt (lower) bolt position.

So, would you upgrade the spring, convert to Khaos, and leave in lower holes? I would assume I could just lower spring tension on FTS if I had gone to far......

Boondocker intake screen
24 tune
Intake tubes
3.25'' or 300xL track. IMO the 2.75 track isn't much fun, I LOVE the new 3.25'' polaris track

The difference in performance between a stock 2022 and 2024 BOOST is extremely noticeable. Excited to see if the 25 is even better and try out the TRS powervalve but can not say on those yet.

Boondocker intake screen
24 tune
Intake tubes
3.25'' or 300xL track. IMO the 2.75 track isn't much fun, I LOVE the new 3.25'' polaris track

The difference in performance between a stock 2022 and 2024 BOOST is extremely noticeable. Excited to see if the 25 is even better and try out the TRS powervalve but can not say on those yet.
So, with the 2024 Tune and boondocker breathe right big intake, and proper clutching, wouldn’t the 2022 perform the same

With my sled being a Pro, I was simply going to convert it to a Khaos with longer LS and shock eye ext (I have monotubes). In addition previous owner moved the skid to the assualt (lower) bolt position.

So, would you upgrade the spring, convert to Khaos, and leave in lower holes? I would assume I could just lower spring tension on FTS if I had gone to far......

I PM you. I missed this.

Premium Features

Back