• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 M8000 pic and spec's

I am anxious to see what the mountain cat will have, if the currently snopro models come with every feature the previous 2017 mountain cat cam with and plus some more. What could they possibly put in the MC to make it special and limited enough to spend the extra $$ I love the name but now enough to dish out 18 000$ ( gotta love ontario):(

Couple snap shots of what Amsnow had posted

Does the new 800 motor weigh the same as the current suz? I thought in the 600s there was a 10lb difference between the two? You would think that would be a big part of marketing if there was a decrease; maybe we don't have all the details yet or we assume there is no weight reduction in the motor?

I am anxious to see what the mountain cat will have, if the currently snopro models come with every feature the previous 2017 mountain cat cam with and plus some more. What could they possibly put in the MC to make it special and limited enough to spend the extra $$ I love the name but now enough to dish out 18 000$ ( gotta love ontario):(

Sno Pro always have the base fox floats, so MtnCat will probably be the one with the QSL and Evols. Goggle bag, shovel pack, led light? special graphics, that's probably it.

Too bad they gave the King Cat name to the fat cat;) Would be cool to have the King and the Mountain Cat both in the 2 stroke line!!! Of course the King would be orange and the Moutain Cat green:nod:

Sno Pro always have the base fox floats, so MtnCat will probably be the one with the QSL and Evols. Goggle bag, shovel pack, led light? special graphics, that's probably it.

I'd think the mountain would have more it has to, in 17 it had enough different to make it worth it. Maybe I'm being optimistic lol but I think maybe a belt drive? Maybe a better track then a 3 inch since the snopro comes with the 3 inch who knows

Does the new 800 motor weigh the same as the current suz? I thought in the 600s there was a 10lb difference between the two? You would think that would be a big part of marketing if there was a decrease; maybe we don't have all the details yet or we assume there is no weight reduction in the motor?

the 6 started alot less than the 8 I forget the #s now is saw on arctic insider once.
The 6 lost all the weight when it went di a more current h.o. motor with the cut crank. The 8di is 1lb or so less I saw somewhere.

I'd think the mountain would have more it has to, in 17 it had enough different to make it worth it. Maybe I'm being optimistic lol but I think maybe a belt drive? Maybe a better track then a 3 inch since the snopro comes with the 3 inch who knows
Id like to see a belt drive, 3.5p powerclaw and titanium pipe n can for mtn cat!!

So what are we looking at with say an SLP can? 440#?

I am very intrigued. For me this years snow check is between this sled and the 850 Scud. If they don't fix the belt issue and bulk heads at BRP is will be this little doozy as long as they don't end up finding some issues in the next few months with them.

So what are we looking at with say an SLP can? 440#?

I am very intrigued. For me this years snow check is between this sled and the 850 Scud. If they don't fix the belt issue and bulk heads at BRP is will be this little doozy as long as they don't end up finding some issues in the next few months with them.

Not sure what there will be to gain with a silencer. The new motor has stainless pipe and can.....heavier?? Idk, another super easy thing for a dealer to do.....today or tomorrow is weight the new can!

Anyone heard an actual HP number for the new engine? Guessing dynotech will snag one soon.

Not sure what there will be to gain with a silencer. The new motor has stainless pipe and can.....heavier?? Idk, another super easy thing for a dealer to do.....today or tomorrow is weight the new can!

Didn't the 17s come with a stainless can? It's a couple pounds lighter than previous I think. Guessing the 18 is the same. Maybe a few lbs lost in the pipe too. Still going to be weight to lose there.

Didn't the 17s come with a stainless can? It's a couple pounds lighter than previous I think. Guessing the 18 is the same. Maybe a few lbs lost in the pipe too. Still going to be weight to lose there.

17 had ceramic coated muffler was all. The 18 looks like it has stainless y pipe and muffler, but steel pipe.

Premium Features

Back