• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 F250 Superduty

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
you forgot something

Review your financing details:

Base MSRP $70,705
Total of Options $5,920
Destination Charges $1,195
anal lubricant 1 gallon $100
Estimated Selling Price $77,920

but seriously, vehicles are getting a little out of hand. i have never ordered a brand new pickup, but i have bought 3 new ones off the lot that the dealer already had on hand. in a 3/4 ton diesel, i found that most of the time they actually cost 8-10k less than MSRP. i dont know if this holds true when ordering one to your spec, but ill give the benefit of the doubt. that leaves you with a $68k vehicle. WOW!!!! you can buy a ram cummins that will outlast everything on the ford except the transmission......and save yourself about 15 grand

You never get any deals on a brand new model years.
Ordering or sitting on the lot.
Pending sales numbers and year end the manufacturer will put rebates and specials forward on none current models like they are now on the 2016's.
Have ordered many trucks and have always received the best deal ordering.

you forgot something

Review your financing details:

Base MSRP $70,705
Total of Options $5,920
Destination Charges $1,195
anal lubricant 1 gallon $100
Estimated Selling Price $77,920

but seriously, vehicles are getting a little out of hand.

So True!

You never get any deals on a brand new model years.
Ordering or sitting on the lot.
Pending sales numbers and year end the manufacturer will put rebates and specials forward on non current models like they are now on the 2016's.
Have ordered many trucks and have always received the best deal ordering.

Lucky for me I am in no huge rush to get the vehicle, especially since the price keeps on creeping up.

Might just wait a few more months, keep saving for a larger down payment and see how the economy goes this fall to see what becomes of the real street price on the new trucks.

I'd find a better loan rate. My local cu is around 2.5% for 72 month plus additional incentives. 6.9 is crazy for anything right now unless you have no credit score. Money is cheap right now. Shop around.

I'd find a better loan rate. My local cu is around 2.5% for 72 month plus additional incentives. 6.9 is crazy for anything right now unless you have no credit score. Money is cheap right now. Shop around.

NO WAY I would take that loan from Ford right now.
its a HORRIBLE Deal!

As far as the Ram comment, u get what u pay for.
ie: 2 coworkers bought new trucks. One is a 1/2ton GMC loaded with vibrating seats and all the tech with HID headlights. The other is a 3/4ton LTZ with leather, not near as loaded as the 1/2ton GMC. The 1/2ton cost $6k more than the 3/4ton.
The guy with the 3/4ton thinks he has twice the truck as the 1/2ton and laughs because they got ripped off on the price.. the 1/2ton is way nicer.

If u want all of the goodies, u gotta pay for them.

Sure the Cummins is a good engine but its still in an inferior truck.

GS6

Last edited:
dodge has the Lewis and Clark packages good horse train but the breeze in the cab and the boards pinching your azz are the best options you get.
got a bug up my but now for the 17, i only have 2 payments left on my 14 KR but as this is a first year truck I'm going to wait out the first 6 mo just knowing what i have seen over and over.

FYI if you finance through ford you will get a much better deal then getting financing through your credit union. Most dealers won't tell you that however. At least The way we do it we pass the kick back from ford onto the price of the vehicle so you end up saving even more. Now you only have to keep it for 6 payments and then you go and refinance it at your credit union or pay it off. I don't know what the difference is on the new super duty but on an f150 the difference in financing through ford at their higher rate for 6 payments is almost $5,000. Sure you'll pay a little interest but you'll end up saving quite a bit more. Also the more money you put down on a vehicle the deal will not be as sweet. More money = less financed which = less money from ford to the dealership which = higher price for the customer. Finance more and put your money down on the refinance and buy yourself a better rate by putting a good chunk down. Just a little inside info for you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On another note I had the chance to drive one of these new diesels and compare to the gm and dodge and there's no comparison any of you buying one of them are going to be extremely pleased. Even the ram that has 900 ft/lb of torque feels sluggish. The GM is a good second but the ford is on a whole new level it is for sure a game changer.

Yes Chris, look into financing with Ford. We saved a few grand financing my wife's explorer through Ford (even though the interest was high). They had a good incentive through Ford financial (or whatever it's called). We had to keep the note through Ford for 2 months, then we were untied from the agreement. We then financed through our local bank and paid off Ford. All in all, we saved right around 2 grand doing this. I did this in 2013 and my coworker did it in 2015.

Last edited:
On another note I had the chance to drive one of these new diesels and compare to the gm and dodge and there's no comparison any of you buying one of them are going to be extremely pleased. Even the ram that has 900 ft/lb of torque feels sluggish. The GM is a good second but the ford is on a whole new level it is for sure a game changer.

The ram is no sports car. They feel sluggish compared to their v8 competition. But tie a load behind it and then compare them. It's the exact opposite.

The ram is no sports car. They feel sluggish compared to their v8 competition. But tie a load behind it and then compare them. It's the exact opposite.

We compared the trucks empty, with a trailer behind, with weight in the bed, with weight in the bed and trailer. There's no comparison the 17' Superduty can't be touched. Granted this was comparing to 16' ram and gm.

FYI if you finance through ford you will get a much better deal then getting financing through your credit union. Most dealers won't tell you that however. At least The way we do it we pass the kick back from ford onto the price of the vehicle so you end up saving even more. Now you only have to keep it for 6 payments and then you go and refinance it at your credit union or pay it off. I don't know what the difference is on the new super duty but on an f150 the difference in financing through ford at their higher rate for 6 payments is almost $5,000. Sure you'll pay a little interest but you'll end up saving quite a bit more. Also the more money you put down on a vehicle the deal will not be as sweet. More money = less financed which = less money from ford to the dealership which = higher price for the customer. Finance more and put your money down on the refinance and buy yourself a better rate by putting a good chunk down. Just a little inside info for you guys.

Well now.
That is some news I can USE !!

THANKS!!

Premium Features

Back