• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 axys thumb warmer not working

scottbilt95

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
golden, colorado
scottbiltracing.us
thumb warmer not working at all. hand warmers work when normal riding but that great at idle like my 2014's did. searched SW threads and found a voltage reg could cause hand and thumb warmers not to work. any way to bench test thumb warmer (ohms?)

much thanks

A
Mar 14, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
My thumb warmer kind of feels like it isn't working. The grip warmers get hot enough, but I always wish the thumb was warmer. I stopped one time and felt it with my bare hand and it felt like I was getting some heat off it, so I don't think it is totally faulty, just underpowered / underinsulated.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I think they all suck but are working. Put another piece of foam tape over the backside of your flipper so the wind does not cool it from that side.

Plus then you won't be able to pin it all the way.
Should keep the thumb warmer.......

I've removed the plastic film on the back of mine to achieve wot.

Rode in -20f last week with no issues.
Check the connections.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
thumb warmer not working at all. hand warmers work when normal riding but that great at idle like my 2014's did. searched SW threads and found a voltage reg could cause hand and thumb warmers not to work. any way to bench test thumb warmer (ohms?)

much thanks

They dont work at idle. They work once rpm is brought up with throttle.

scottbilt95

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
golden, colorado
scottbiltracing.us
and the verdict is...

after getting near frostbite on my thumb last week, i used cork insulators on the bars and on the back side of the throttle flipper. fyi even at WOT the cork didn't hit the grip. i haven't rode yet but the grips get seriously hot at a sustained 2500 rpm. the thumb warmer does get hot but not like the grips; but better for sure. i'm not sure how i will like the increased size of the grips but i don't think it will be an issue.

thanks for all the tips and chatter!

jeff

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Sometime like in the "old days" we back sprayed the bars with great stuff foam- still works on the Axys Pro taper bars- but the thumb heater is very very non existent compared to the hand now.
Replaced it under warranty but still the lame "old" not enough heat

can anyone tell me how the thumb warmer works? Having started without accelerating, I could find 14 volts with the strong heating turned on. But I couldn't find voltage at low heat level. Perhaps I mixed something up or I had to give it more throttle as I understand it, out of three wires there are 2 “+” and one GND?

Axys 2018 pro rmk 850.

IMG_20240327_221246_705.jpg

Premium Features