• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 axys rmk 800 no headlights, tail light, hand warmers. Engine runs fine and display works.

N
Sep 3, 2009
The chassis power is inoperable. I checked for continuity at the yellow stator wires and it looks ok, took off and reconnected the chassis ground at the front bumper, replaced the voltage regulator and replaced the relays (5). Unplugged the hand warmer, thumb warmers checked connections to ground no continuity to ground. I inspected wiring for broken rubbed or frayed wires all look ok. I am out of ideas please help.

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
You mentioned 5 relays - does your sled have electric start?

Start here - The DC PWR connector is in the harness near the clutches:
With the engine running, test for voltage at the DC
PWR test connector using a multimeter. There should
be at least 12VDC at the test connector.

You can connect a battery to the DC power test connector and the headlight and taillight should come on:
Connect a fully–charged 12V battery to the DC PWR
test connector. Both the headlight low-beam LED array
and tail light should turn on.

I
Mar 2, 2022
Iceland
You mentioned 5 relays - does your sled have electric start?

Start here - The DC PWR connector is in the harness near the clutches:
With the engine running, test for voltage at the DC
PWR test connector using a multimeter. There should
be at least 12VDC at the test connector.

You can connect a battery to the DC power test connector and the headlight and taillight should come on:
Connect a fully–charged 12V battery to the DC PWR
test connector. Both the headlight low-beam LED array
and tail light should turn on.
Im having the same issue my lights started to flicker and now dead also the handwarmer, the gague is on and sled runs and drives grate, i did mesure all the 3 test conectors with the sled running all mesure 13-14v execpt DC PWR its only 3-4v.
Someone told me the white plug under the air box was melted but mine is just fine and i did mesure all the 4 wires 2 yellow and 2 black and both read the same before and after the plug.
I did take an VR from my freind sled and now help there also the 5 bags on the left side and no change.
Just not getting 12+v on DC PWR

M
Jan 2, 2016
Im having the same issue my lights started to flicker and now dead also the handwarmer, the gague is on and sled runs and drives grate, i did mesure all the 3 test conectors with the sled running all mesure 13-14v execpt DC PWR its only 3-4v.
Someone told me the white plug under the air box was melted but mine is just fine and i did mesure all the 4 wires 2 yellow and 2 black and both read the same before and after the plug.
I did take an VR from my freind sled and now help there also the 5 bags on the left side and no change.
Just not getting 12+v on DC PWR
Having the same issue now on my 16 SKS. Any luck on the fix?

2O7Sledhead

Jan 1, 2016
Maine
Having the same issue on my 17 pro rmk. Hard wired the stator connector as it was melting, no luck. Not sure where to look next.

Premium Features