• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016-2017 Snow Conditions Sicamous BC

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
www.reelfishingadventues.net
Blue

So the "Three Stooges" made their way up from Owl's parking lot and to Blue Lake, Big Nasty, SledDawg and myself! We wound up unloading at approx. 14km, you could have done it at 12 but kinda bleak on the snow so why not go a couple extra kms and get into some real snow.
We had a great day! Well, other than Big Nasty tripping me around a corner only 1 km from the truck, put me on my side, now I know why they call him that!! Other than suffering a concussion and a dislocated left shoulder I was finnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeee! Good snow on the trail most of the way up, pretty sparse through the tree section just before the Blue Lk Rd, in fact is was dang muddy when we came out! We played off in the trees prior to the cabin, which was totally socked in, vis about 10', if you were lucky. We did find some spots that Tex didn't mess up and there was actually quite a bit of snow in areas, enough to even get stuck, right Nasty!!
We did find one area that was booby trapped (Tex???), it looked like just small snow bumps down a steep hill but when Nasty and I tried to go through it was like mouse traps going off all around us! Dang pongee sticks would spring up outta the snow and mired us both down and we had to break the saw out. That's about the time I caved in the front bumper on my sled but luckily Nasty did the same thing a short time later, what a guy, sympathy pains!
Great day boys, we'll get some repairs done and be ready to rip again, right after this concussion goessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss aaaawwwwaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyy! Who Am I??

161121a.jpg 161121b.jpg 161121c.jpg

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
www.reelfishingadventues.net
Queest

So we had a big crew to do Queest today, the usual Lawn Dart, Toddaroony , Billdozer, some new guys I hadn't sledded with before, Gerrad and two other guys who wore bra's??? Maybe a different story, anyways, we had a great day! I must say we gave " G Cubed" (Groomer Guy Glenn) a solid 11 out of 10 for the grooming job, absolutely perfect, what a treat!
We couldn't go venturing to far from the cabin area, socked in past the Saddle so we kinda caused mayhem in all the areas before that. It was a classic day, Billdozer performing his Barrel Rolls, one was even into a creekbed, definite Cirque De Solei material!! Then there was Gerrad who had a fascination with tree's of all sizes, he just couldn't seem to leave them alone! I take the blame for being the leader and having to go back to various areas to witness the carnage caused by my erratic path through oblivion, I told them to quit following me!! Anyways, it is getting tracked out, we did find some nice deep snow but mostly in the tight tree areas (right Gerrad!!) but it was deep! Creeks are still open (Bill !) and getting further and further down, go figure. All in all we had a blast, more snow please, thanks for the fun day boys!
Oh, one bone of contention, we parked at 6km where the grooming started, when we came down there were 5 trucks parked up at 8km, drove over the groomed trail!!! Get a brain, there was tons of parking 100 ft down the road from where we were parked. I guess its time to start parking the drag across the trail to prevent this....

161211a.jpg 161211b.jpg 161211d.jpg 161211e.jpg 161211f.jpg 161211g.jpg 161211i.jpg

Premium Features