• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 viper mtx build

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
installed a quick release for the seat,pretty easy its part of the evo kit,it didnt come with a retainer for the dzus fastener but think i have spares,works great

2014-12-05 19.53.16.jpg 2014-12-05 19.53.22.jpg IMG_0419.jpg IMG_0420.jpg

Reactions: JustBoostIt
P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
Looking good bigfish. So now that you have torn into the sled how is the quality of the yamacat? We have had this discussion before. i am still hoping yamaha is gonna build their own new sled but hope is fading. im gonna need to buy a new sled someday....not sure if my nytro will last forever. just curious to get your thoughts.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Looking good bigfish. So now that you have torn into the sled how is the quality of the yamacat? We have had this discussion before. i am still hoping yamaha is gonna build their own new sled but hope is fading. im gonna need to buy a new sled someday....not sure if my nytro will last forever. just curious to get your thoughts.

well so far i have very little time on the sled do to no snow here:face-icon-small-dis
the sled is pretty solid from what i can tell so far,there are some small thing where you can tell the diff between yammi & cat.the fit & finish is not quite yammi but its not terrible,the hood on this sled is bizzare & weights 30+lbs + you need tools to get it off & is 3 peices:noidea:.you can see where yammi has added stuff to make the sled stronger,on the rails, steering post,i think the sled will be fine but only time riding will tell happy with it so far.

Reactions: paulharris
S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
well so far i have very little time on the sled do to no snow here:face-icon-small-dis
the sled is pretty solid from what i can tell so far,there are some small thing where you can tell the diff between yammi & cat.the fit & finish is not quite yammi but its not terrible,the hood on this sled is bizzare & weights 30+lbs + you need tools to get it off & is 3 peices:noidea:.you can see where yammi has added stuff to make the sled stronger,on the rails, steering post,i think the sled will be fine but only time riding will tell happy with it so far.

When you on put the EVO seat fastener didn't you buy the hood ones too?

Reactions: ak
B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
installed the osp belt deflection tool works good,i can run whatever belt i want with a quick turn.:face-icon-small-coo
got my wrap all done,pretty cool but my god i can put a turbo kit on faster lol, will post some pics when i get it in some sun.

IMG_0424.jpg

M
Jan 14, 2004
I've been running that basic skid setup in my Nypex for a couple of years. I swapped out the crappy Cat shocks for Exits and it its as good of a setup as anything IMO. When I built mine I used Iceage rails right off the get go as I've destroyed a few sets of Cat rails over the years they can be a little weak I just gave up on them. When you destroy the front bumper I'll build you a cro mo one like the Nytro one. You can pretty much hit whatever you like with that one. Is the Nytro even on the snow?

M5

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
I've been running that basic skid setup in my Nypex for a couple of years. I swapped out the crappy Cat shocks for Exits and it its as good of a setup as anything IMO. When I built mine I used Iceage rails right off the get go as I've destroyed a few sets of Cat rails over the years they can be a little weak I just gave up on them. When you destroy the front bumper I'll build you a cro mo one like the Nytro one. You can pretty much hit whatever you like with that one. Is the Nytro even on the snow?

M5

yup i will run these rails till i wreck them,then go ice age for sure,they did add a brace to the rails to try to make them stronger.if i like this set up i will do the front skid shock too,i have the exit x1 on my nytro & love them.i know i will end up recking this bumper lol i always do:face-icon-small-hap,love the one on my nytro & have hit a bunch of trees with it & still looks new.we have had almost no snow this year so i havnt been in a hurry or i would be riding the viper already.the nytro has had a few issues the last couple years so i got it apart right now making sure everything is all good,i like to work on my sleds just not while sledding.:face-icon-small-coo

2013-11-28 13.35.28.jpg

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Nice build! Amazed you're doing this in the confines of a trailer.

its actually not that bad,i just move sled from side to side depending on what iam working on,its way nicer than my shed with a dirt floor & not much heat lol.this trailer is really wide too, good stereo,heat lots of light works great for a one sled shop,just take one sled out.:face-icon-small-coo

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
yup working on that.

wished I would have seen your vision and order the le viper. all I saw was blue orange and black, not the orange and black that you have. gorgeous sled. keep us posted. let me know if you find a seat cover. I found a heated seat on yammi website that I'm gonna do up. why not, heated arse sure would be nice somedays.lol

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
wished I would have seen your vision and order the le viper. all I saw was blue orange and black, not the orange and black that you have. gorgeous sled. keep us posted. let me know if you find a seat cover. I found a heated seat on yammi website that I'm gonna do up. why not, heated arse sure would be nice somedays.lol

thxs man yah as soon as i seen it i knew what i was going to do to it lol,i wanted the black tunnel so i had a choice of 153 or 162 easy choice for me.for the seat iam going to the local upholstery shop tomorrow he said he can do what i asked him. so will see how that goes,warm seat would be cool if your riding heavy you may as well be comfy.:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features