• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 South Range/Twin Lakes Snow Conditions

Couple of inches on the ground in south range. Temps are in the teens or twenties right now. Ground is almost completely froze now so you should see it all really start to stick unless it warms.

Gwinn has about 5" to 7" depending on the area. Ground is freezing here too, so now we need more snow to start stacking up.

A couple of us were thinking about coming up this weekend for a break in run with a '14. I know they're calling for snow this week and next week, so I'm wondering if the groomer has gone out yet since the ride will all trail... anybody know? Would this weekend be a good one for a 100+ mile break-in or should we wait another week?

A couple of us were thinking about coming up this weekend for a break in run with a '14. I know they're calling for snow this week and next week, so I'm wondering if the groomer has gone out yet since the ride will all trail... anybody know? Would this weekend be a good one for a 100+ mile break-in or should we wait another week?

Still need more my friend. No bases so straight to dirt, rocks, or trees:face-icon-small-fro. We got 6" today and more coming in the next two. Not even close to being able to run the groomer. I will keep ya'll posted but nothing I own will be out there yet!

Here is the current dump status from today. Its actually raining right now which could help solidify the base. Only time will tell

image.jpg

Duuuumping... 12-18" in the last 2.5 days. Super windy so wind loaded areas and bare ones as well. Need about 20" inches more before logging roads are an option. Looking good and you might be able to get out there and have a little fun come next weekend.

30" in places from the storm! Groomers have been out starting to see alot of trail traffic. Should be good for some logging roads very very soon! If you just wanna get the jollies out the trails and cruising are good to go!

Anybody ride this weekend? Looking at heading up next Friday for the day and would like to hear some snow totals.

Sent from my bagphone using Tapatalk 2

Ya lots of people out! Its not real good off the trail but good enough for some riding. That rain crust is about 6 inches down and we have 24"- 30" on the ground

Ok thanks, hoping for more snow by the weekend. Just going to be good to get some easy break in time on the new sleds.

Sent from my bagphone using Tapatalk 2

Ya lots of people out! Its not real good off the trail but good enough for some riding. That rain crust is about 6 inches down and we have 24"- 30" on the ground

Thanks for the info!!! Where's this report from? Two of us are supposed to be going out west on Friday, but forecast doesn't look good for new snow. Would still like to ride, but would want a decent base with some fresh. Sounds like Twin Lakes and north will see some lake effect now until Thursday. I usually ride around Lake Gogebic area so wouldn't know where to find the good stuff further north and east... maybe someone could show us around if we head that way?

Krupps reported this AM that they got clobbered yesterday afternoon and overnight their word was WOWZA. Said it was calf deep this am so they have about 36" or so on the ground now. I would say that with a bit of luck the areas north of TL we ride you are gonna be ok!

Officially over the hood! Super duper cold but when it clears its gonna be awesome! Wouldn't go off the logging roads yet but pow turns for days on the logging roads and in the fields. I will get some pics tomorrow but I was smiling and riding today! No cameras needed. I am putting out the bat signal.:light: Get your butts up here!

Here's pic of what happened to my sled after letting it set for 3 hours.

image.jpg

Reactions: wjl
Premium Features

Back