• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 rmk pro. Looking for HID S ?

Wondering if anyone out there knows of a good company that sells HID conversion kits for a pro RMK. My Polaris dealer says I need to put a compasitor in the wiring for the HIDs because of how the sleds reverse works. Does anyone know if this is true or just an overkill.

ddm tuning makes affordable hid kits, i have no clue about the capacitor deal. my buddy is installing a set on his etec and a set on his fathers 1100turbo. i personally won't install them on any sled, i hear the vibrations from the engines cause the bulbs to blow. i don't do much night riding anymore anyways, the stock lights are fine.

HID's need DC power and large currents to fire. You should use a battery in the system to hold the average voltage high enough for the HID's to stay lit during low rpms. A battery would be better than a capacitor for low rpm (idle) operation. You need a battery with reverse because when the engine reverses rotation it comes to a stop where no power is generated (why the gauges go blank). A capacitor will drop voltage too quickly during this time frame. I have a DDM tuning kit on my dirtbike i custom wired up and they are very nice kits for the money. The retrofitted HID beam in the halogen reflectors SUCK though, its like bastard power light and its annoying/blinding to ride into the beam, but they do light up the trail nicely.

Call V-LEDS, they should be able to hook something up for you. They've done a few sleds and should be able to tell you if you need a capacitor or not, also look into getting LEDS instead of HIDS. I put them in my fog lights and love them.

Premium Features

Back