• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 nitro 180hp push turbo vs AC 1100turbo

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
The new cat is a big twin, so it isn't putting out the same N/A HP as the triple in the Nytro. My guess is that it has lower compression as well to handle the higher boost numbers on pump gas.

I dunno about 3 or 4# to get an apex to 300. lol.

Last edited:
S
Jan 25, 2011
The new cat is a big twin, so it isn't putting out the same N/A HP as the triple in the Nytro. My guess is that it has lower compression as well to handle the higher boost numbers on pump gas.

I dunno about 3 or 4# to get an apex to 300. lol.
wasnt it 10 hp per pound of boost? seems like the mcx kit was 290 and it was 10 or 12 psi

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Stay tuned for a major new front end suspension to hit the market this summer.

If you haven't already read this thread, you ought to..

Nytro's doing what Nytros arent supposed to :)
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=263165

I am tuned in real well on this and have the "inside line":face-icon-small-win

The problem with it is, you gotta throw down more $$$$. I am simply comparing both sleds totally stock except for the boost on the Nytro.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
The only bulletin that Cat sent out showed the current weights of 557 to 562 on the M1100T depending on the model.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
what about the huge a-arms and spindles on the cat? make a tight turn in the trees and rip them off? Are they strong enough or is there a belly pan skin for it that could protect it more? How come they don't have any demos to ride? At least I got to ride a nitro with a push turbo and the supercharger. I am trying to decide which one to snowcheck, or neither. comming off a xp etec 163

The Proclimb a-arms are not any more susceptible to getting ripped off than any other a-arm. They don't sick out any further, the uppers are 2"s longer than the Nytro's and the lowers are the same length as the Nytro's. Speculating that the a-arms are weaker or stronger won't do a bit of good till next season. Fact is, Nobody knows!

The cool thing about the crazy spindles and a-arms on the Proclimb is that it makes them hold almost NO snow! The snow just falls right out of the front end! So the huge a-arms are actually a good thing!

The Proclimb skid is the only area of concern for me. 560#s and 200+hp is alot of weight/force for a light weight skid to handle.

Reactions: bdubs
T
Stay tuned for a major new front end suspension to hit the market this summer.

If you haven't already read this thread, you ought to..

Nytro's doing what Nytros arent supposed to :)
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=263165

Not sure I agree that there is gonna be a crazy new development this summer. The quoted post is about the 2012 Nytro. I could be wrong, but that post came out right when the 2012s became public. Maybe they will do a new chassis, but I am all about a refined and perfected 2012 Nytro.

I'll take one in blue and one in black please, thanks:)

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
Not sure I agree that there is gonna be a crazy new development this summer. The quoted post is about the 2012 Nytro. I could be wrong, but that post came out right when the 2012s became public. Maybe they will do a new chassis, but I am all about a refined and perfected 2012 Nytro.

I'll take one in blue and one in black please, thanks:)

The quoted post is actually about an aftermarket company that is coming out with an updated geometry for the nytro that makes it react to rider input more like the pro/cat. They changed the vertical angle of the spindle and shock travel. It looks great and I hope it makes a great improvement but I still hate to think that I have to pay for something else to make my nytro compare to the competition.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I am tuned in real well on this and have the "inside line":face-icon-small-win

The problem with it is, you gotta throw down more $$$$. I am simply comparing both sleds totally stock except for the boost on the Nytro.
No argument from me.
The Nytro is a platform you buy and then modify into exactly what you want it to be.

At some point I suspect Yamaha will offer a fully developed sled in some form of a special edition that will be what many of the die hard enthusiasts have been waiting for.

In the meantime the aftermarket continues to press forward at full speed.

As for me and my 2010 Nytro, "WE" will be buying that new front end suspension this summer!

Reactions: sledhed.2008

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
No argument from me.
The Nytro is a platform you buy and then modify into exactly what you want it to be.

At some point I suspect Yamaha will offer a fully developed sled in some form of a special edition that will be what many of the die hard enthusiasts have been waiting for.

In the meantime the aftermarket continues to press forward at full speed.

As for me and my 2010 Nytro, "WE" will be buying that new front end suspension this summer!

Haha does she have a name yet Chris? My friends all have a puzzled look on their face when I mention Roxy! By the way, If you run into another used bumper I'm in the market...I've already made quick work of the one I bought from you!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Haha does she have a name yet Chris? My friends all have a puzzled look on their face when I mention Roxy! By the way, If you run into another used bumper I'm in the market...I've already made quick work of the one I bought from you!

Two Nicknames.

Nytro-Blue and "NYTROCITY"

World English Dictionary
<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="4" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="tr1" valign="top"><td colspan="2" class="td1">Nytrocity (əˈtrɒsɪtɪ) </td></tr> <tr valign="top"><td colspan="2"> </td></tr> <tr class="tr2" valign="top"><td colspan="2" class="td2">— n , pl -ties </td></tr> <tr class="tr3" valign="top"><td class="td3n1" align="right" width="1%">1. </td><td class="td3n2">behaviour or an action that is wicked or ruthless to non Yamaha riders </td></tr> <tr class="tr3" valign="top"><td class="td3n1" align="right" width="1%">2. </td><td class="td3n2">the fact or quality of being atrocious </td></tr> <tr class="tr3" valign="top"><td class="td3n1" align="right" width="1%">3. </td><td class="td3n2">( usually plural ) acts of extreme cruelty, esp against competing snowmobiles </td></tr></tbody></table>

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
This is the only place that I have seen where someone has posted a direct comparison between the M1100T and the Nytro with the $1500 turbo kit.

"To give you a comparison, we found a long hill, maybe 500 yards, with 18” of powder on top of a good firm base. Hill was maybe a 25 degree slope, nice open gentle pull. Run the 800 ProRMK or 800 E-TEC Summit up it and you’ll hit 35-40 mph and pull over the top. M1100T, 50mph and pulling hard. Nytro turbo and the skis will be wagging in the air and you’ll see 70mph if you have the, well courage, to hold the loud lever open the whole way."

http://maxsled.com/snowmobile/2011/03/dc2012riderjournal/

Q
Mar 9, 2009
jackson wyoming

The video is good but hardly stock, The Tapio's were testing in our field for the hill climb and they have two stoke turbo's in them with lots of weight reductions to those sleds. Just seeing if anyone got to ride the each of them and noticed any bad or good things. I rode the nitro with the 180 hp push turbo but not the 1100turbo. fit and finish of the cat with the air intake stock looking seems better than the push with the air filter hanging out the back of the seat to get ripped or tore off in the trees. the new track on the 2012 nitro seems like it would work well but the one on the 1100t not so much. Cat has carries more fuel stock, nitro you need to add a trail tank. Just some thoughts

Premium Features