• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 nitro 180hp push turbo vs AC 1100turbo

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Itll be a knockout, but not in the Nytro's favor. Dont rip on me too hard, I have ridden both and have owned Nytros since 2008. The downfall for the Yamaha on this comparison is the center of gravity is too high and the front end need some attention for increased agility. They Nytro has a great motor and is sweet boosted, but stock M1100T vs stock Nytro with only the Push turbo will go to the Cat in the mountains in every condition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mcx Nytro
Q
Mar 9, 2009
jackson wyoming
what about the huge a-arms and spindles on the cat? make a tight turn in the trees and rip them off? Are they strong enough or is there a belly pan skin for it that could protect it more? How come they don't have any demos to ride? At least I got to ride a nitro with a push turbo and the supercharger. I am trying to decide which one to snowcheck, or neither. comming off a xp etec 163

Q
Mar 9, 2009
jackson wyoming
I realize it isn't the best in the trees but I am looking for a more reliable sled so I don't have to get a new one every year because I am worried about breaking down. four stroke turbo seems to fit that pretty good. I rode the nitro w/ push turbo and it was heavy but I could side hill it in the trees and keep it in control enough to give a four stroke a try.

S
Jan 25, 2011
I read somewhere that the nytro with the push turbo is only making 160 to 165 on the dyno. Im thinking cat will have the edge but to soon to tell its all about balance and where the weight is at, I too would be concerned with the cat spindles as i can see them catching on a lot when it tight carves or side hilling

S
Dec 1, 2007
Billings, mt
I rode a nytro with the push turbo on monday in anywhere from 6 to 18 inches of pow. I was impressed how it sidehilled but didn't like the turbo lag. It was different. It would start out slow then the turbo would spool up and spin the track to fast and you were done. This sled had simmons gen 3 skies which sucked on the trail but floated nice in the powder. If i was to buy a nytro it would b one with a sc where there's no lag.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
I rode a nytro with the push turbo on monday in anywhere from 6 to 18 inches of pow. I was impressed how it sidehilled but didn't like the turbo lag. It was different. It would start out slow then the turbo would spool up and spin the track to fast and you were done. This sled had simmons gen 3 skies which sucked on the trail but floated nice in the powder. If i was to buy a nytro it would b one with a sc where there's no lag.

I rode one two weekends ago and I did not notice any lag - I wonder if the sleds were set up differently (clutching)?

I'm going with the turbo based on the 2011 that I rode.

S
Nov 28, 2007
Alberta
wondering what the 1100t will look like after 10,000km? the nytros are proven to hold even with boost.

would like to compare my push turbo with a 1100t before the snow is out. anyone taking one out to revy?

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
Itll be a knockout, but not in the Nytro's favor. Dont rip on me too hard, I have ridden both and have owned Nytros since 2008. The downfall for the Yamaha on this comparison is the center of gravity is too high and the front end need some attention for increased agility. They Nytro has a great motor and is sweet boosted, but stock M1100T vs stock Nytro with only the Push turbo will go to the Cat in the mountains in every condition.

Not what I wanted to hear but what I kind of expected. The nytro is a 5 year old chassis. If Yamaha still wants control over the 4-stroke mountain segment they need to release a new chassis for 2013! It took cat 7 years to come out with a new chassis, I'm glad their hard work paid off. Now that we have some 4-stroke competition in the fastest growing segment of snowmobiling we might see what Yamaha CAN do, not just what they are WILLING to do.

The M1100T is the only sled that will get me off a Nytro but it's hard to think about buying a new sled when this one is paid off and not even a year old!

Let the 4-stroke games begin!

Reactions: throttlecable

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Push kit

I do know one thing you can turn that push kit up to 12 and it is fairly fun for a 1 ton. At first they said that we would need to unlock the box but it is not necessary just through a boost T in and to keep you safe a boost gage and o2. I have to agree on the lag the ones I have ran have 0 lag.

Last edited:
T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
My question with the cat is why is it taking so much boost to get 177 hp? I read they are running like 13 lbs of boost to get that. The nytro takes a lot less boost to get into the 180 hp range. Seems like the potential isn't quite as good on the cat motor.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
big twin.. they arent gonna make nearly the power per volume of as a comporable sized motor.. just the time it takes ot fill the larger jugs and clear them out doesnt make them as efficient as more cylidner same volume.. I was reading they were running high 20's on some of the modded ones to get up near 300hp... heck, an apex on about 3-4# of boost would be right at those levels.

Premium Features