• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 M1000 Twisted Turbo

A

Arctic Thunder

I think I have this thing figured out. The tuning isn't even close to what Stanger or others have suggested. (Don't know why) But it will not run with the standard settings.

Personally I have to run 6.5 on the boost fuel, and 2 on the green. All others settings are at .5 including the yellow and red, and both transistions are also at .5 or off.

Runs pretty well there. I can run the green upto 3.5 on the trail to keep it cooled down just a bit, but to really make it crisp and clean it must be around 2 on the green.

My buddies are tired of me messing with it every ride, and sure enough I get back to the same settings by the end of the day. So for now I am leaving it alone. 350 miles on the kit and it pulls really hard.

Thunder

2009 M1000 Twisted Turbo

Funny, the settings that you just mentioned are exact same way I run my 2011 Twisted. 40 psi fuel pressure also. 100LL up to 11lbs boost.

Last edited:
if its still fat on the bottom turn the FP down a bit. I run my 1200T on about 35 ish..... It runs clean right there....

if its still fat on the bottom turn the FP down a bit. I run my 1200T on about 35 ish..... It runs clean right there....

I think it would clean up but I would be adding fuel all throughout the RPM/Load range to keep it cool.

I am adding just a little Green fuel to keep it cool as it is at 40psi fuel pressure. So at 35psi I would be adding Green and yellow, messing with transition points, and adding more boost fuel to keep it cooled down.

Right?

Thunder

I think it would clean up but I would be adding fuel all throughout the RPM/Load range to keep it cool.

I am adding just a little Green fuel to keep it cool as it is at 40psi fuel pressure. So at 35psi I would be adding Green and yellow, messing with transition points, and adding more boost fuel to keep it cooled down.

Right?

Thunder

Yeah no offence to Whimp, but don't do that. 40 PSI is our baseline where tuning it gets simple. the 1000 block turbo requires a lot of fuel. with no det sensor we need to protect our big blocks. The best we can do is up our octane and not get to greedy with our boost. This is our finest defence when tuning. Cheers SLEDIOT

Study up on the boost it kit and get rid of the controller you have.I believe its obsalete.

Study up on the boost it kit and get rid of the controller you have.I believe its obsalete.

That is why I am asking the questions on several threads. Just trying to figure out what is really working and who is SELLING stuff and who is running it. I have noticed lately on this site that we have a lot of guys selling stuff, and I won't name names but acording to them it is the best thing ever. i don't want to hear their story, I want the end users story.

Now back to my obsolete Attitude box. What is the difference between my attitude box, with all the settings EXCEPT for boost fuel in the off position, and a boost it box? With my attitude box and everything turned off the ONLY thing I am controling is boost fuel. Just like a boost it box. Right?

Thunder

I beleive the box you have intercepts the signal from your ecu and modifys it for the boost not positive. Boost it does not hook to any part of your ecu or injectors. also it is adjustable in 250 rpm ranges so you can control so much more. lets say your having some trouble with your sled running right you can increase the rpm at which the boost it comes on to see if your sled it self is running right this is a great tool for trouble shooting. like i said tho im new to it but learning fast. It seems like generally once you get it dialed in you will probaly only really work with 2 function that is threshold and main fuel. threshold changes as you elevation changes but is very simple Main fuel is just that if you were running fat you adjust it dow and visa versa. Hope i'm not messing up here HaHa

Sounds good. So the boost it can control fuel at 250rpm steps. But considering it isn't tied into the stock injectors or ecu it can only add fuel through the secondary's?

Thunder

Booooooost it

Got my 08 cpc tm1000 dialed in on sunday. I was so impressed with the boost it controller. It leaves your stock mapping set and it controls the first injector. You set your boost it box threshold to start injecting on the second injector at a set point. Fuel adjustment for fine tuning is every 250 rpms. It completely cleaned up my mid range bobble. I hated the attitude box. On throttle off throttle back on just sucked. This controller is smooth transition into boost. No flat spots. No fat spots. Easy to tune. I still am working on a little fine tuning for geting my egt's down on really long pulls but I busted a fin on my secondary clutch so my tuning day was cut short. I need to talk with boost it as far as the main fuel setting. I'm not sure if increasing this adds fuel all the way through the rpm range or just at the top end. Big thumbs up for boost it though.

Got my 08 cpc tm1000 dialed in on sunday. I was so impressed with the boost it controller. It leaves your stock mapping set and it controls the first injector. You set your boost it box threshold to start injecting on the second injector at a set point. Fuel adjustment for fine tuning is every 250 rpms. It completely cleaned up my mid range bobble. I hated the attitude box. On throttle off throttle back on just sucked. This controller is smooth transition into boost. No flat spots. No fat spots. Easy to tune. I still am working on a little fine tuning for geting my egt's down on really long pulls but I busted a fin on my secondary clutch so my tuning day was cut short. I need to talk with boost it as far as the main fuel setting. I'm not sure if increasing this adds fuel all the way through the rpm range or just at the top end. Big thumbs up for boost it though.

Main fuel controls the amount of fuel throughout the entire map. If you need to fix the fueling in a specific range, it is best to go in to those rpm cells and increase or decrease fuel

Main fuel controls the amount of fuel throughout the entire map. If you need to fix the fueling in a specific range, it is best to go in to those rpm cells and increase or decrease fuel

But only on the secondary injectors. and they are only working under boost.

So you aren't changing anything with the primary's with the boost it box.

Thunder

The boost it has the feature to control the fuel even off boost.. It has a Min rpm number that is adjustable so you can add fuel as low as 3000 rpms.. It cannot pull fuel from the stock map, so if your rich in certain areas you may have to lower your fuel pressure untill that area is cleaned up and add fuel to the other area to accomidate for lower fuel pressure. For example, 48 is 5100 rpms and 55 4400 rmps.. the lower min rpm numer the higher the rpm the boost it comes in. Boost it has a trim setting every 250 rpms starting at 3000 up to 12000 something. Keep in mind that the trim rpm populates 125 rpms before and 125 after, so make sure you blending your trims as you make changes.. The boost it box has a led light that showes when the injectors or box has come on based on duty percentage you pick.. Most boxes are sent out with 5 % set..

That is why I am asking the questions on several threads. Just trying to figure out what is really working and who is SELLING stuff and who is running it. I have noticed lately on this site that we have a lot of guys selling stuff, and I won't name names but acording to them it is the best thing ever. i don't want to hear their story, I want the end users story.

Now back to my obsolete Attitude box. What is the difference between my attitude box, with all the settings EXCEPT for boost fuel in the off position, and a boost it box? With my attitude box and everything turned off the ONLY thing I am controling is boost fuel. Just like a boost it box. Right?

Thunder

I'll tell you right now I'm no sale guy or test guy for boost it, I'm just so fin' happy my 1000 finally runs like a well tuned raped ape everywhere. PM me if you want and I can give you my phone# and would be happy to talk to you about it.

Tuning every 250 rpms sounds like a pain in the ***, unless they come with pretty good starting settings. Do they come preset pretty close? Anyone running a Boost-It on a Push kit? That sucks that it can't pull fuel. That is my biggest complaint about the Dobeck box.

I am no sales guy, I just like to help a anyone willing to dive in and learn.. I also HATE the dobec box... I was told a few years back the dobec only a 15% control over the map..

I work very hard to make my sled run flawless and anyone who knows me or rides my sleds can vouch for it.. I think the main benefit of the boost it is it you remove it with a few number changes to find problems if you have any.. I chased a gurgle problem with my apex for 2 years and my dobec and rb3 and as soon as the boost it when on i could prove the broblem was off boost and then began to trouble shoot..

ALot of guys dont want a sled with a bunch of gauges or want to look at them periodicly... but if you look at their threads they seem to be the guys having some troubles and no idea what direction the problem may be.

I'm not talking about you arctic... I commend you for wanting to learn..

Why dont you head up this way and you can ride my sled and we'll take a look at yours before the snow is gone..

Jim

I sell stuff (Im the guy). But I DO NOT SELL STUFF unless I test it and run it. You will not be disappointed in the Boost it. I can give you several contacts of end users. I am an end user. I was never happy with the M1000T before. Don't get me wrong, I could ride it and it was a blast, just not like it is with the Boost-it.

Rusty has some time on one and has done a lot of work on his setup. I would tell you to PM him. If you have ? feel free to PM me.

boost it m8

Been hearing a ton of good things about the boost it in the twisted 1000. But is that the same for the twisted m8. I just got the kit on my 2010 m8 sno pro done. Got it running and sounds good, but I'm from nw iowa and don't get out west as much as i would like. So don't get as much time to tune the sled so would like it to run as crisp as it can. And as it sounds the boost it is the way to go. thanks

Questions:

If the boost it box only controls secondarys then will it fuel a m1000t or m1200t at 20PSI or more?

With drastic changes in elevation how does the boost it box compensate for this or do you have to manually adjust? Does it run the same at 10,000ft as it does at 5,000ft?

Boost it also says they leave the stock system alone and let it perform and only add fuel for boost. So why is this system an RPM based fueling system then?

Also does this system read the injector pulse of the stock system or does it operate solely on RPM?

Can you adjust the Fuel Curve of the Boost Circuit or is everything based off one RMP map?

Thanks in advance for the help.....

Premium Features

Back