• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 arctic cat hcr 800

S

snopro176

Nov 27, 2007
Yuba City,CA
nice! i heard early this year about a special hillcross style sled they were coming out with. I think its also like 20lbs+- lighter than last years m8 snopro:D

S
Sep 12, 2008
@ 10,000 Feet CO.
I have one ordered! Does anyone know a thing about this! Im comming off a Rev. So I kinda like the wider front end I always felt like Cats layed over easier

Did anyone ride one of these last year in R&D?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
It's because of the RMSHA rules, what I was told.

They needed sleds in the stock classes and improved stock that had a wider stance to meet the RMSHA rules. there might be more to it, I can't remember.

M

MNIQR

Feb 28, 2006
It's because of the RMSHA rules, what I was told.

They needed sleds in the stock classes and improved stock that had a wider stance to meet the RMSHA rules. there might be more to it, I can't remember.

Ya i heard that the rules say they had to have at least 200 units for that model to be eligible to race, hence the assault and the AC HCR.

Looks like it's time to retire my '03 summit, I've got one ordered as well. Never thought I'd go Cat, was set to pick up an XP but this thing looks like the real deal right out of the box, should turn some heads.

Last edited:

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Doo also is comin out with a HCR version of the xp, atleast thats what i read in a mag. but the doo just looks like all the rest of the xps in the pic i seen, i dont think they done anything to pertty it up like cat did.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I'm glad to see AC is finally getting that tunnel taper down pat. It's taken them quite a while to catch up.

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
Dealer told me today that an HCR 1000 is soon to be released this year.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
that first sled looks like a 153 stuffed under a way to short of a tunnel, the track sticks out behind the bumper a tad. kinda silly looking, but who knows.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I'm not sure that you'd enjoy a sled set up for honest hillclimb.

Seems like a cool sled, butnot really a competitor to the assault.
I was looking for an AC version of the assault (way not impressed with the chassis durability on the dragon body) so I built my own out of a crossfire 1000. Different track, different a arms, some weight mods & I've got a sled that's lighter than the assault & has more power & durability, I'm stoked.

I think the stiff track on the hcr will be a bit of a dissapointment for those hoping to still have a good all around track.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
It looks like a pretty sweet sled. Boss seat, Ti clutch springs, adj. steering post, wide front end, stiffer track. Why couldnt they come out with a more original name? Lets just copy Doo and call it a hillclimb edition. lame. Polaris came up with the Assualt, how hard is it?

S
Sep 12, 2008
@ 10,000 Feet CO.
I think the thing is going to be a ripper! Im a bit unsure of the track but if it is to hard Ill put a Different track on it on the quick. I plan to drop 20 or so more lbs off my HCR when it arrives. I may even go with a 150x2.5 track.;) We are deffinatly going to work my clutches and do some motor mods. The AC HCR should be a fun sled, I dont think mine will ever see a hill cross track just the Colorado back country, Deep powder and lots of rocks and trees I may even put a M8 sno pro front end on it:p. You have got to love MOD sleds:devil:

Premium Features