• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 1000 Summit 151 I WANNA GO HIGHER

D

drphil

I am going to get rid of the airboxes and run some pods. I saw a little shelf that went behind the pods and the air sensor was mounted there.

What else... I know its heavy but I aint doing a ton but wanna climb better...

Climbing it starts at 8000 when I am climbing it starts to backshift seemingly a little early and just keeps backing.... holds 7000 pretty much the whole climb but seems to run out of poop. It shouldnt drop hardly at all right?

your clutching is F-ed.... your runnign 1000 rpm short up high, try clickering down 1 and see if it helps, if your only running 7000 there is a LOT on the table, mine was messed up and ran that much, fixed it real quick back to 8000, lets just say the marks go a bit higher!

and NO, your RPM should go to 8000 when you get on it and stay there until your stuck as can be, maybe fluctuate like 50 rpm up and down, but not 1000!

No disrespect to DJ, but I'd go with BJ's clutching. The BRP set-up from the dealer takes more $$ to work like it should. I'd also go with some Dalton arms also.

We have a head that wakes that engine up substantially..

Give me a call if interested

Thanks

Kelsey

I was told thru dealer 400 to change clutching... egads man...

DJ BJ or slim???
If you have the stock 433 ramps and steel arms then my kit is a helix/primary spring. (Approx $176 USD)
If you have the brp hi-elev kit w/414 & aluminum levers then my kit is just the helix. (Approx $148 USD)
+ship

...stock drive belt, set clicker 4, hammer down.

Well after a season of running pods on my 07'rt 1000 i can tell you im going back to an air box.:confused: the sled runs very iratic with the pods. even with the boon docker box i couldnt get it dialed. maybe my bad??? after buying the pods my boys told me dont run em, after a season of running them now i see why. I think i will start a new thread "pod's or air box's?" and try to learn somethin!

We have a head that wakes that engine up substantially..

Give me a call if interested

Thanks

Kelsey

we have done 4 of kelseys head and drop in kits, and 3 of them run noticably better. The 4th one (06 151) will get beat by my cousins 04 144 which is stock:confused:. It hits perfect rpms, and feels great, just somethin is weird. i think we got a somethin up in the track or suspension. But overall i would recomended, it runs real GOOD. Gave ours that extra little boost to keep up with modded m8's. doo it!

any ideas of things to check kelsey, its been kinda a frustrating winter with it for my uncle, it runs perfect, it just won't pull the lines our other ones are?

Premium Features

Back