• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2000 Ski-Doo Summit 700

B
Mar 14, 2011
Beav-town, OR
Ok guys/gals,
I have an oppurtunity to purchase a Ski-Doo Summit 700 144" track for $1000 bucks. Problem is that I know nothing about these sleds. I have been a polaris guy for my whole life but I think the price is right, I would just like to see if anyone can helo me with some insight on these sleds. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
R

Redneckhotrod

Apr 6, 2011
SW MN
I have had a 01' Summit 800 for the last three years, and have absolutely loved it!!:becky:

Moved up to a 08' Renegade this year, kind of missing the ZX, although i have not had an opportunity to ride yet.

Sold my 01 for $2500 to a family member, could've gotten $3-3500 out of it.

PS: It had 6000 miles on it, and have had no problem with the motor.

B
Mar 14, 2011
Beav-town, OR
So for this 700 Summit. would you say that is a good deal for $1000 it only has 2500 miles. Like I said I have NO experience with Ski Doo. Heard alot of people like em but any knowledge help would be best for my decision.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Just buy it. Your getting a smoking deal at 1000 bucks. I have a 01 700 144" and I love the machine and it does what I want it to do. The 700's have very good motors in them if cared for with the right maintence. 2500 miles on it is a good time for a top end rebuild just to be safe but that will only cost a couple hundred to do. Other then that don't spend a bunch of money on it to try and make it something that it's not, just saying, because you can buy a REV 800 for 3-3500 and be miles ahead of the zx IMO.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I have had a 01' Summit 800 for the last three years, and have absolutely loved it!!:becky:

Moved up to a 08' Renegade this year, kind of missing the ZX, although i have not had an opportunity to ride yet.

Sold my 01 for $2500 to a family member, could've gotten $3-3500 out of it.

PS: It had 6000 miles on it, and have had no problem with the motor.

Man if you can get that kinda money out of a zx 700 with 6000 miles on it, what do the rev 800 04-07 going for 5-6000 bucks? That's just insane

B
Mar 14, 2011
Beav-town, OR
Thanks Cubby-
I think I'm just gonna go for it. Also where is the best place to buy Ski-Doo parts? cause that is good thinking to do the top end rebuild. Do you know what kind of compression that thing should be running at so I can put a gauge on it and check.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I would think any where from 120-140 would be where you want it to be, and it kinda depends if some one has updated the pistons to say like wisco dual rings you might see it at 140-150lbs. If they are still factory single rings 110-130lbs. I buy most my parts on line, but if you have a good dealer then you might try them. I wouldn't put factory pistons back in though, I would put either wisco or spi in it if I were you JMO.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Just try goolgeing skidoo parts I have order from alot of different places but make sure your order is big enough or shipping will kill you. Some say they have the lowest price but shipping on a couple bolts will cost you 25 bucks LOL
:face-icon-small-dis

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
The make is skidoo make
the model is a summit
motor is a 700 same as in any chassis
and the chassis is a zx
Hope this helps

J
Jan 10, 2011
Portland OR
I am not sure how well this yellow sled is going to blend in with all our red Po's, but I'm just glad you found something to ride this season! (It will keep you off the 440)...

I will call Ken's Sports in WI for you. They may have Doo parts. One of the guys there usually gives me a good discount and sends it out for cheap.

J
Jan 10, 2011
Portland OR
I called Ken's just to get a ball park price and to find out if they deal in Skidoo. They do not, but can get a complete WiseCo top end kit with all gaskets, pistons, rings; retail $369, my price $294.

I don't want to start the never-ending debate about WiseCo vs SPI vs OEM here, just giving you a ball park price on a complete kit.

With that said, I would look on eBay for a cheaper SPI complete kit. Guaranteed to be less expensive and I have *yet* to have a failure due to crappy pistons.

More importantly, you need to pick up the sled before we start buying parts to freshen it up. The good news: parts are available! All it takes is money...

B
Mar 14, 2011
Beav-town, OR
Thank you Dirty Max!!! ha yes my addiction to SW has amped up coming this close to the season. I am planning on going out there the weekend of the 10th to pick this lil guy up. I will leave the 440 up to Joey, even carlee will be riding a 600 ha ha poor little guy. Once I pick it up we will look it over check comp and go from there. I think it would be wise to do a rebuild but we will just have to see. PS. I hope to god that you (my sled tech) find what the heck is going on with my Po.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Just alittle FYI we call the polaris' poo poo not po's LOL

B
Mar 14, 2011
Beav-town, OR
well that is good to hear. I am thinking check the comp and then go from there. if its not bad then I'm just gonna go for it and ride. If not gonna go with the SPI top end kit.

deep_doo- i think that ebay link you sent me looks like SPI pistons. can anybody else tell by looking at it? the seller does not accept mail.

Premium Features