• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2 Stroke Oil Test Report

Unfortunately the oil thread may have lost the Chemist, he hasn't posted in over two weeks. Been a lot of bad mouthing going on by the doubters, so much in fact that a second thread was started just for them. They can be nasty over there, don't know about now but used to be they even had soft **** on HCS.

I also would like to know how Torco semi syn does compared to the other oils.

Before he tested Legend oil he had Red Line as the top oil. Can still remember when I got a racers motor in my shop for some porting. It had been run on Red Line, went through cans of carb cleaner to get the oil washed off all the surfaces before I could port. Stickiest oil I've ever come across. Also have seen Many motors that have been bone dry inside. No noticeable oil, great for emissions probably but bad for engine life.

Another test that would be great would be if the Chemist would test at 25 to 1 besides 50 to 1. About 25 years ago when I started porting Olav Aaen did high performance clinics where he shared racer info, porting etc. One of the things he said was they ALWAYS saw a HP increase with more oil, all the way down to 16 to 1. Then a number of years later I found on the internet an old Cycle world story by Kevin Cameron with a dyno session on his 2-stroke race bike with the same results. The only downside of more oil is spark plugs don't last as long and the cost.

It would be interesting to know if it still holds true with today's maybe better oils.

It was mentioned on that thread that Indy Dan doesn't like synthetic for the cranks he rebuilds. Guessing he likely feels the same as I do in regards to rust and crank bearings with syn.

Good Luck

Reactions: 4Z
Union Bay Racing confirmed the added HP down below 20:1 theory as well.

24:1 - 32:1 depending upon the motor has always served me well.

The "doubters" began by asking for proof that THE CHEMIST was infact legit and had the knowledge & equipment to perform the tests he was doing. I'm on both of these websites frequently and I never jumped in on either side. BUT, you can't tell me that it's irrational to request a picture of the RPM testing machine that has been built by his cousin who happens to be an engineer at NASA? A picture (or video) would have shut the "doubters" down right away. ---- just sayin'

that page has been linked to bob the oil guy forum ,, they are all laughing at the people buying into this guys post *chemist* ..

hey im all for someone looking into stuff ,, but his conclutions and methods are suspect..

Weird how all the good smelling oils are ranked high on the chart.

I bought legend SR this year not knowing much about oil except that Amsoil and XPS burns my eyes and klotz and lengend smell good and don't make my gear smell like **** and do not burn my eyes when riding slow in the trees. Got a better deal on legend then klotz so I am running that.

Premium Features

Back