• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1st AXYS modification

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
My Boss Jack just got back from Chile, and said that there will be a new Axys with the supercharger at Haydays coming up. Speedwerx has had one installed on Levi Levalles new sled for about the last two months. Now all we are waiting on is some snow so we can start working on getting a map for it. Once we get the map figured out, we will be releasing these for sale to the general public! The snow can't start dropping fast enough as far as I am concerned!

I'm excited to see the set up for the ProCharger (belt driven supercharger) on this sled. Do you know if their using the stock pipe and if it will be a pump gas set up and/or race gas for higher boost?

Supercharger

From what I know of it (which is still very little at this point to be completely honest) I believe it will be very similar in design to the Supercharger for the Pro. It will have a different head, use the stock exhaust pipe, and have a tuned silencer if it is setup the same as the Pro. It will be a premium pump gas setup, though it can be setup to run race fuel with a few modifications.
We still have not gotten one in yet to install, though we will have one on a sled by the time of the Boise Snow show I would imagine! When you get to Hay Days, take pictures of the setup and post them on Snowest will you Prayn4snow? I plan on it once we get ours installed on our first sled, but you will probably beat me to it!

We will hope to have the supercharger released for sale hopefully by mid season once we have put 500 to 750 miles on one to work out any bugs, and develop a fuel map that works.

I'm excited to see the set up for the ProCharger (belt driven supercharger) on this sled. Do you know if their using the stock pipe and if it will be a pump gas set up and/or race gas for higher boost?

I
Nov 26, 2007
We will hope to have the supercharger released for sale hopefully by mid season once we have put 500 to 750 miles on one to work out any bugs, and develop a fuel map that works.

Please encourage your boss to develop a low altitude map as well, even if only for higher octane. I think the market is larger than you expect.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Please encourage your boss to develop a low altitude map as well, even if only for higher octane. I think the market is larger than you expect.

ICR is right. Theres a lot more guys that ride powder sleds in lower elevations than most think. 90% of the riding I did in Alaska for 12 years was lower elevation. Now in the mid west 100% is lower elevation and yes we have plenty of over the hood snow areas here.
I lived in Cloudcroft NewMexico for 5 year too. That was so long ago that we had to make long track sleds (a 136" or 141" was long then) and our own make shift bolt on paddles out of angle iron, plastic or aluminum. Man Im getting old lol. We would get stuck in the snow up there at 10K and be huffing and puffing.

R
Dec 27, 2011
SPI(Straightline Performance) Full exhaust system with their carbon fiber can is the first thing I will be doing. Here is a picture of their carbon fiber can for the Pro RMK Non-axys and a picture of their whole system for the non-axys which I had on my 2013 Pro RMK. Their axys products will be done soon.

Attachments

• Pro RMK Carbon.pdf
    766.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Pro RMK System.pdf
    699.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
We were going to be developing a low altitude map last year, but with the lack of snow, we did not have the time to get it dialed in.

Look me up again If you guys need to do some early low alt testing . Im hoping Upper Michigan has another great snow year.

Looks like the aftermarket is going to be booming with new parts/mods for this new Axys RMK!

R
Dec 27, 2011
They Hold up Great. I have been running one on my 13 for 2 yrs now. Here is a picture of their carbon fiber can for the Pro RMK Non-axys and a picture of their whole system for the non-axys which I had on my 2013 Pro RMK. Their axys carbon fiber can will be done soon along with the Full exhaust system, but here is their ceramic can.

I will be adding one to my 16 again. Sounds awesome.

http://www.straightlineperformance.com

I've never had a carbon fiber can, how do they hold up to the heat in the long run?

AXYS Muffler Ceramic.jpg Pro RMK Carbon Fiber.jpg Pro RMK full Exhaust.jpg

Last edited:

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Poo has a heated one that integrates with the existing opening.
Matches the low windshield.

I had their last one on my 13 Pro and liked it. I see they updated the wed site, before it said "available soon" for the new Axys RMK, it still said that for the large tunnel bag. Anyone have one yet and have pics of it installed for fit and finish? The last model would hit my handle bars when fully turned right or left. I made it work by bending in the aluminum brackets but it did decrease the inside space slightly. I also have the Interactive display so it would have to work with that.

Last edited:

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Here is what I do for U.P. riding. Install wheels if a Pro. If an Sks install scratchers. Install tether, clutch and balance for altitude, add gas can and storage, muffpot, more agressive shaper carbide on the skis (this is MI) light weighy exhaust can and ride the thing.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I picked up my sled today from the dealer. I test fit a windshield bag and it fits nice. There a small and large, the small one only works with the short windshield. I like that one but the opening is much smaller. Ill give it a try. Heres a pic of my sled pulling in the driveway.

IMG_4066.jpg

Last edited:

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Started pulling off all the warning stickers. What do they make this stuff from! I don't think the space shuttle would come apart if it was held together with this stuff lol. I have a few off now. At least these ones aren't leaving the sticky stuff everywhere.

IMG_4074.jpg

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Started pulling off all the warning stickers. What do they make this stuff from! I don't think the space shuttle would come apart if it was held together with this stuff lol. I have a few off now. At least these ones aren't leaving the sticky stuff everywhere.

Use the ol ladies hair dryer hold it close to the sticker start peeling it back till ya get a hold of it then just pull steady pressure on it while the blower is on it, it will peel off all in one piece

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Use the ol ladies hair dryer hold it close to the sticker start peeling it back till ya get a hold of it then just pull steady pressure on it while the blower is on it, it will peel off all in one piece

Your right. I do that now with my heat gun on low. I was talking about how good the sticker material was. I wonder if anyone is making wraps from the same stuff.

Premium Features