• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1st AXYS modification

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
11143622_10155867036175436_5834720699939046475_n.jpg

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I don't think Burant really rides the 163 that much. I do believe I heard him say that he mostly rides the 155 on most of his sleds.

Last edited:

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
I don't think you'll ever catch Woog on a 163 either, them CO boys like there 155's lol I feel like I am one of the very few 163's that came out of Erik's shop. I remember him almost kinda looking at me weird when I said I wanted a 163 haha. For good reason though after riding a couple turbo 155's they are way more fun, I am doing a 155 next year.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Talking with my Boss Jack, who is down in Chile riding sleds with Chris right now, they are just stock 2016's, but I know he has had them quite a while and probably has been working on his valving for the Chris Burandt Edition shocks that he sells. We will also have our custom valving out once we get some ride time, and with any luck, we might even get our supercharger for the new sleds out before the snow fades this winter. As usual, our clutching setup will also be available for purchase (complete with all that fairy dust!), once we get that figured out.

Daniel @ Carl's Cycle Sales

P.S. We still have two superchargers for the 2013-15 Pro's in stock if anyone is interested in them!

Ah come on Daniel I figured since you guys already got an Axys at the shop we would be seeing pics of a supercharger mounted up on an Axys in about a month:face-icon-small-win

Are you guys taking the whole supercharger setup over or is Speedwerx still helping build them?

S
Jul 30, 2015
Calgary, AB
I don't think Burant really rides the 163 that much. I do believe I heard him say that he mostly rides the 155 on most of his sleds.

I'm sure that is the case for Burandt, but with it being a new model, with new gearing, chain drive, etc. you would think some testing hours wouldn't be a bad thing for Polaris. Get the kinks out before they start handing them over to customers.

My Boss Jack just got back from Chile, and said that there will be a new Axys with the supercharger at Haydays coming up. Speedwerx has had one installed on Levi Levalles new sled for about the last two months. Now all we are waiting on is some snow so we can start working on getting a map for it. Once we get the map figured out, we will be releasing these for sale to the general public! The snow can't start dropping fast enough as far as I am concerned!

Ah come on Daniel I figured since you guys already got an Axys at the shop we would be seeing pics of a supercharger mounted up on an Axys in about a month:face-icon-small-win

Are you guys taking the whole supercharger setup over or is Speedwerx still helping build them?

Last edited:

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
My Boss Jack just got back from Chile, and said that there will be a new Axys with the supercharger at Haydays coming up. Speedwerx has had one installed on Levi Levalles new sled for about the last two months. Now all we are waiting on is some snow so we can start working on getting a map for it. Once we get the map figured out, we will be releasing these for sale to the general public! The snow can't start dropping fast enough as far as I am concerned!

You got to be kidding me! I haven't missed Haydays in a long time, this year I am in a wedding and now you tell me this, like rubbing salt on the wound haha...

We better get some pics at least

Ski-Dont89

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2010
WYOMING
I'm sure that is the case for Burandt, but with it being a new model, with new gearing, chain drive, etc. you would think some testing hours wouldn't be a bad thing for Polaris. Get the kinks out before they start handing them over to customers.

too late for that. my buddy picked his up today. thing is sweet.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I gave myself permission to upgrade to an Axys as long as that meant upgrading some safety and picking out an avy pack for the first time.

That's a great idea! Ive always rode with a beacon, probe and shovel (after losing a friend) plus I have a second set if someone in my group doesn't have one or forgot it. If I head back out west more I'll invest in an avypac. It also pays to have good riding gear if you have to spend an unplanned night in the bush. A new sled isn't worth much if you don't survive to ride.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAge Mfg View Post
To clarify,

"Rails blown out sideways just in front of the bump stops. a cross shaft in front of the bump stops does wonders as well with our standard replacements".

Looks like I need to add another part to my list. Minimal weight and cost for security. Good info here on Snowest

Premium Features