• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1998 RMK 600 Running Board Question

D

Drewd

Feb 2, 2012
Colorado
www.imnotrightinthehead.com
Hi,
My wife's sled (rmk 600) running boards suck! They are very smooth and have no grip and she has trouble staying on them when she tries to sidehill.

Can someone suggest a solution for improving traction on the stock running boards or point me to a replacement solution? From what I understand the stock running boards outer edges have coolant running thru them...that area of the board is too smooth and needs way more grip so she doesn't slide off anymore.

THank you!

Drew

D

Drewd

Feb 2, 2012
Colorado
www.imnotrightinthehead.com
I have a 98 700 and the coolant doesn't run through the boards on this one. I was going to try these and just cut them to fit mainly up in the front half or more of the original boards.

Just something for you to check out.

http://www.firstplaceparts.com/snow-eliminators-snowmobile-running-boards.html

I'll be honest, I haven't bothered to check/know where the coolant runs on her sled.

Her 98rmk 600 is a wedge chassis (I think). I would like to find something that doesn't require modification other than using rivets for install.

Thanks!

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Yes it is a wedge chassis. A few different outfits used to make a plastic or steel tube that fit over the round outer edge of the running board, it had raised grip studs on it and worke very well. Installed with a few rivets. You should still be able to get them somewhere.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Fabcraft used to make a bunch of these. I think since the sleds now have large rolls, coolant in the rolls, or basically come pre-gripped (Bush-ism), they quit making them. "ebay" may be your best source now.

I bought some for the air-cooled sleds in the fleet. If you can keep your foot up on the rail it helps a bunch.

Premium Features