• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

16" track

I am putting a 16" wide track on my 03 summit, I read on here that some guys cut the rear suspension part of the drop brackets that extend up into the tunnel to make room for the track, what part are you cutting? Are you drilling out the rivets and completely cutting off the part that extends up into the tunnel?

You don't need to do anything. I put a 16 wide in my 02 summit. I got the little bit of extra clearance by spreading the tunnel just a little with a bottle jack and a block of wood for a spacer. Then I added a washer between the tunnel and skid mounts at each point. I put 3000 miles on that setup and then sold it to a fellow sledder that still rides that old girl.

D

You don't need to do anything. I put a 16 wide in my 02 summit. I got the little bit of extra clearance by spreading the tunnel just a little with a bottle jack and a block of wood for a spacer. Then I added a washer between the tunnel and skid mounts at each point. I put 3000 miles on that setup and then sold it to a fellow sledder that still rides that old girl.

D
X2 just put a 16 in the RENEGADE over the weekend, very easy, a couple of washers on the drop brackets, a little grinding on bolt heads and rivets, in she goes. SO Easy I may do a 16 conversion to my RX-1:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features

Back