• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 700 mods?

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Some good ideas already, but here are mine:

• Better Boards (snow buildup is bad on the IQ RAW chassis)
  • Lower 19t gear ($30 and a great mod)
  • HPS can (nice sound on the 700)
  • I'd opt for a new rear suspension, but at the least get the fat boy torsion springs
  • SLP dash vents (gets rid of the stock "pillow" vents)
  • SLP/FnI/Holz tower/shock vents
  • Bumper upgrade (there are a couple options, the Skinz version is the cheapest)

H

harland

Jun 1, 2009
lloydminster, SK
with the pcIII do you different settings for different elevation. I runn around 2200 feet but on the trips out west get anywhere from 6500 to 8000 would i need two different settings?

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
with the pcIII do you different settings for different elevation. I runn around 2200 feet but on the trips out west get anywhere from 6500 to 8000 would i need two different settings?

No, you set the PC III to adjust the fuel RICH OR LEAN IN PERCENTAGES and it does that across the board and relies on the factory POLARIS Program for altitude and temperature compensation.

I haven't had my D-7 out West yet (We usually ride Northern Wisc and U.P. approx 1200' elevation) but we usually trailer our short track sleds to Yellowstone every 2-3 years or so, we're way overdue, our last trip was 2005. I was planning on just 4 grams lighter in the primary and no other changes. When we previously brought our 2001-2003 Edge's out west (600's and 800's), we ran the Holtzman ATAAC, and same combo of 4 grams lighter on the weights, a couple of the sleds I went with 1-2 teeth smaller on the top sprocket and they worked very well.

Hope this helps.

For additional ??? on the PC III you may want to contact Jim Czekala @ DYNOTECH(585) 993-2777 real knowledgeable guy to talk to, NOT a super salesman type
or e-mail him: info@dynotechresearch.com

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
The Slp Air horn is cheap ($45) and will gain you a few horse and it will be more responsive. Gearing down helps A LOT and isn't overly expensive either. Don't buy a pipe, they really don't help much. I'm running an HPS can and love it, but I can't say that it actually gained any power.

ttt,

H
Jan 9, 2008
Woodland, WA
What are some cheaper mods to do on a 08 dragon 700? I was wondering what some of the guys on here have been doing for a little extra power for these things. Anything welcome. Thanks

What altitude do you run at? I have an RMX kit for a D7 that I can't use because it has to be run over 8000'. Consists of a modified head, pipe, and clutching components. Big difference over stock and no reflash or race mix necessary:beer;

Last edited:
Premium Features