• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 dragon mods

E

eman0993

Aug 19, 2009
Duluth, MN
i have a 07 dragon 700 with full SLP exhaust and EPI clutch kit in it. 1 3/4 track. 121" just wondering if there were any other bolt on mods. i have C&A skis also. i dont wanna turbo or bore it out or anything. just seeing if there was anything else i could do. thanks

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
i have a 07 dragon 700 with full SLP exhaust and EPI clutch kit in it. 1 3/4 track. 121" just wondering if there were any other bolt on mods. i have C&A skis also. i dont wanna turbo or bore it out or anything. just seeing if there was anything else i could do. thanks

I have a 2007 D-7, 3700 trouble free miles, my bud has the identical sled, 2500 trouble-free miles

BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK MODS

1) PC III from Jim @ DYNOTECH, $365.00 w/MAPPING INCLUDED (www.dynotechresearch.com) (585) 993-2777 I'm @ 5-10% LEANER on top, RICHER in the mid-range, that dreaded 5000 r.p.m. flat spot is GONE. I'm reunning the RICHER of the (2) programs that Jim has for a stock piped D-7. He also has the PC III program to work with the SLP single, Jim dynoed a 2008 D-7 January 2009, tested both stock and SLP pipes.After the install of the PC III, it's the first time my plugs had any color on 'em other than black. Keep in mind re: PC III mapping the 2008 model has approx 5% RICHER baseline program into the factory E.C.U. and has the "ethanol wires" to lean it out 5%. The 2007 model has approx 5% LEANER baseline E.C.U. than the 2008 model due to it's not having the 5% ethanol wires. So 2008 w/wires plugged in= 2007. That being said, and PLEASE CONFIRM WITH DYNOTECH JIM, you may want to richen up his SLP PC III program by 5%,.

2) SLP push arm (part # 23-63) , installs on the MAG side, (2) holes to drill, 20 minute installation time

ALMOST FREE MODS

1) I checked the engine belt/alignment and center to center, (c/c was fine) offset alignment (engine crooked) mine and my bud's were WAY off, removed the engine and slotted the MAG side engine bracket an unbelieveable 1/4" to 3/8" to get it straight. And yes the tools I used are good and straight, I actually triple checked them plus used Slp and a GENUINE GOLD PLATED POLARIS tools, same end result. Other guys on H.C.S. reported similar problems.

2) Check your belt to primary sheave side clearance with a new belt, set it at .010" to .015" (mine was .070" from the factory)

3) Lightly sand (w/180 grit) your clutches perpendicular to the way the belt rides and wipe down with lacquer thinner.

4) Wash/scrub your new belt w/soap and water and let dry, sounds weird but it removes the mold release compound that would otherwise get smeared all over your brand new clutches.

5) Run your chain a little looser, get it to where it barely touches the back of the chain case by pushing on it.

6) Oil pump setting, mine was 37:1 ratio from the factory, I adjusted the 10mm nuts down by the oil pump (Yeah a P.I.T.A. ) 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 turns and it's @ 57:1 for the last 1200 miles. Picture of oil pump posted below, small horizontal mark stamped on arm (3:00 positon) should line up with short horizontal mark on the red dot protruding out from the case AS A STARTING POINT. There's a picture of this oil pump posted under the thread 08 700 mods, I moved it up to the top so it would be E-Z to find.

7) Plug the purge hoses coming off the exhaust valves, it will allow the valves to open sooner, like the 2000-2005 power valves.

8) Check your T.P.S. setting, appparently the digital wrench @ the dealer can show good when it's still off. There's a video here on SnoWest that walks you through the process.

9) There's a 1/4" rubber coolant hose coming off the P.T.O. head that heats the throttle bodies, install a simple 1/4" shut-off (available @ hardware store) where it threads into the head, F.Y.I. this set-up comes factory on 2007 Ski-Doo 800's

DEBATEABLE

I installed the SLP big horn air kit + (4) flo-rites, didn't notice any gain.

WASTE OF $$$$$$ AND YOUR TIME

I did the V-force reeds, maybe slightly more responsive on it's best day, NOT worth the $$$$$$$ and installation time.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Kraven, I'm sure the PC III is a good upgrade, but you fill every thread with this as the fix all. Not everyone wants to mess with voiding their warrantee by over-riding the factory program. Are you an employee or did you get yours for free to advertise for them? This is not meant as a slam, it's just that you fill every thread with the same Dynotech info.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Kraven, I'm sure the PC III is a good upgrade, but you fill every thread with this as the fix all. Not everyone wants to mess with voiding their warrantee by over-riding the factory program. Are you an employee or did you get yours for free to advertise for them? This is not meant as a slam, it's just that you fill every thread with the same Dynotech info.

The PC III is a piggy-back style of controller, it does not change the stock factory programming within the stock E.C.U.

You won't void your warranty, the PC III plugs into the stock harness and unplugs just as easily. The box is 3" by 4" in size attaches with velcro strips. 5 minute job to disconnect it.

No I'm not a Dynojet employee, nor do I work for Jim @ Dynotech. (2 unrelated companies) I couldn't help but notice that you recommended (2) SLP products, (that I posted I saw no real gain from) do you or a family member work for SLP ???

The product works, plain and simple, it's just that a lot of people (like yourself, and this is not a slam) have reservations about trying the product or are afraid of it for the wrong reasons, as you have as well.

So now that you discovered that the PC III doesn't void your warranty are you going to buy one so I can get my commission check??

Last edited:
P
Dec 7, 2007
Mill Creek, WA
Kraven and Morsnow:

With regards to the engine control piggy-back products: I DO NOT KNOW FOR SURE, this is a sincere question, I promise. Does the box leave a footprint on the ECU? Here is my reason for asking the question: In the diesel performance world, there are several tuners that leave such a footprint, and can be discovered by the dealer when running diagnostic checks, - even after you remove them - there is one that I know of that does not, there may be others.

I totally understand this is not a diesel forum, and I'm not trying to hyjack, just want to respectfully ask the question in case nobody else has.

thanks!

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Kraven and Morsnow:

With regards to the engine control piggy-back products: I DO NOT KNOW FOR SURE, this is a sincere question, I promise. Does the box leave a footprint on the ECU? Here is my reason for asking the question: In the diesel performance world, there are several tuners that leave such a footprint, and can be discovered by the dealer when running diagnostic checks, - even after you remove them - there is one that I know of that does not, there may be others.

I totally understand this is not a diesel forum, and I'm not trying to hyjack, just want to respectfully ask the question in case nobody else has.

thanks!

That's actually a really good question, and I don't know for sure. The best source on this would probably be DynoJet, in Las Vegas. Or a POLARIS dealed that put a digital wrench onto a sled with a PC III????

Getting back to the issue of warranty work, unless the dealer is a real "scrooge" he wouldn't have to "report" back to POLARIS a printout of the E.C.U. if that's even possible ????????? just provide the old parts and if the claims rep ever came out the sled would appear stock.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
anyone try the boondocker EFI controller vs The PCIII

The main difference is that with the PC III you can adjust the fuel curve in 250 R.P.M. increments, where the Boondocker has a low, medium, and high range.

SLP used to sell only Boondocker, now their 2010 catalog they offer the Dynojet PC III as well.

Once the PC5 with Autotune gets finished up that will be the red hot ticket, I.M.O.

Premium Features