• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 800r clutch cover on or off

L
Nov 29, 2007
Olympia, WA
I have a 07 800r. When I got it last year I pulled the plastic cover off the clutch cover to get rid of heat. Rode today in 2' fresh powder and when boondocking to the left, snow hits the clutch and game over, you stop. What are most people doing? Leaving the extra cover on or off. If off what are you doing to keep the snow off the clutches?

W

Wyoming T/A

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sep 26, 2006
Powell,Wyoming
I have a 07 800r. When I got it last year I pulled the plastic cover off the clutch cover to get rid of heat. Rode today in 2' fresh powder and when boondocking to the left, snow hits the clutch and game over, you stop. What are most people doing? Leaving the extra cover on or off. If off what are you doing to keep the snow off the clutches?

we take screen door screen and cut to fit and take some epoxy and glue it to the inside..works great..

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
www.reelfishingadventues.net
I bought fiberglass window screening and put it over all the vents in the sled, works great! Its about 3 bucks for a 4' x 4' piece. I used silicone to fasten it to the inside panels that didn't have those clips that hold the factory metal screens in place. Just put the fiberglass screening over the existing metal ones, fasten the clips back down and it looks custom!.....Sherm

Premium Features