• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

04 RMK 800 losing rpms

Hey guys i got a small problem here

I have a 2004 RMK 800 with slp performance edition package on it. I run 0-3000 ft elevation flat land. When i first take the sled out of the shed i let it warm up a little and lately i took it out on my lake which is 1/4 mile from the shed and when i would hold it wide open the sled would pull 8000 rpms and i would let off around 110mph.

MY Problem is is after i would ride for 5 miles and the clutches and motor is up to normall running temp i can only pull 7500 rpms...what do you guys think is a possible problem?

I have been battling this and dont want to change weights and helix when i can pull it right away and than it dies off!?!?!?!

any help would be great

Thanks

What do your plugs look like after a wide open pull??? Shut it off before you let out of the throttle. I am guessing that you may be just plain jetted too fat since it runs better on a cold motor.

what are you running for jets? I have the same sled with the same motor package from slp, I have a few other mods but should be almost the same. Im from Michigan so I prob ride the same elevation also. I think off hand I run 480 mains.

If the jetting is fine, how is your belt? also a new secondary spring would not hurt. there only a few bucks

Premium Features

Back