• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

02 edge handle bar riser

Was wondering whats the best way to raise the bars from stock to 3inch.. Are the cables long enough from stock.. I am 6feet tall and not sure which route to go..i notice in the mountains when i stand up to ride i have to lean downwards to the bars.. I was told to get them up.. Any suggestions.. Thanxs

Risers

I had a 2003 sks and raised mine 4 inches. I had to buy a longer throttle cable ( got one from a vertical edge ). I rerouted my brakeline and it worked great.

i will have my 3" powermadd riser off my 02 for sale in a few days. didnt have to extend anything. ill be selling if for $25 shipped.

Replace the Steering Post with a T top

Put the pivot stlye rise on it.

Push teh handel bars toward the windshield about 2 inches besides the 3 inch rise.

It will feel like you raised the bars 6 inches.

and your body center will be much farther foward.

I took a 2" rise off my 2002 and installed a 5" or 6", I am 6' 1" Great in the steep and deep. The 02's have a longer steering post than the newer escapes and edges. The tipped forward riser sounds like a good way to go. I would try and get one higher though. I installed a Power Mad throttle cable extension and bought a new SLP extended brade line. Was easy no issues with cable or throttle.
Now on mine I have the factory four bolt plate on the end of steering post. I put a piece of pipe that extends either side of clamp and my riser bolts on each side. I am very happy with how high they are, but with the riser bolted to either side of steering post when I put on handlebars the risers just catch the upward curl of the bars and can't get them tight enough that they won't move. The VE's has the shorter steering post but no clamp on end the post has a tee top (T). I read on here somewhere where somebody cut there 02 post off and welded a tee on. That is what I am going to do, and make it same length as VE's. Then I am going to get Rox FX Adjustable Riser. 6 to 9".

I took a 2" rise off my 2002 and installed a 5" or 6", I am 6' 1" Great in the steep and deep. The 02's have a longer steering post than the newer escapes and edges. The tipped forward riser sounds like a good way to go. I would try and get one higher though. I installed a Power Mad throttle cable extension and bought a new SLP extended brade line. Was easy no issues with cable or throttle.
Now on mine I have the factory four bolt plate on the end of steering post. I put a piece of pipe that extends either side of clamp and my riser bolts on each side. I am very happy with how high they are, but with the riser bolted to either side of steering post when I put on handlebars the risers just catch the upward curl of the bars and can't get them tight enough that they won't move. The VE's has the shorter steering post but no clamp on end the post has a tee top (T). I read on here somewhere where somebody cut there 02 post off and welded a tee on. That is what I am going to do, and make it same length as VE's. Then I am going to get Rox FX Adjustable Riser. 6 to 9".

I did that on my 99

I just finished putting a 3" pivot riser on my '02 last night. You can not go any higher than that with the stock cables and brake line. I don't think you can go any higher than that without extending wires either.

I had to get VERY inventive on routing the brake line to get the 3" riser on there.

I'm 5'10" and it landed the bars exactly where I wanted them. I'll be riding it Thursday to see how it works.

sled_guy

Forgot about the wires, yep anything over 3-4 and you have to extend the wires.

Sledguy, I have 5" rise on mine with wider bars on the stock rerouted cable, just barely makes it though. Seems as mine is the black sheep though.

I looked long and hard before deciding I was ok with the brake line as it is. I ended up routing it through the steering support on the hoop to get enough 'slack' to be comfortable with it.

3" is just right for me though so I'm good to go.

sled_guy

a 2" riser will fit no probs whatsoever. I'm 6' 4" and the height is almost right for the ditch bangin i do. i would however go with the 30 degree angled riser. it will lift it straight up from the post and it will feel more like you have a 3.5" rise. 10 min install

a 2" riser will fit no probs whatsoever. I'm 6' 4" and the height is almost right for the ditch bangin i do. i would however go with the 30 degree angled riser. it will lift it straight up from the post and it will feel more like you have a 3.5" rise. 10 min install

Yes for ditch bangin the 2" I had was good but in the steep and deep 4 or 5 Inch for sure you won't regrete it.:beer;

Im 6'2" and love my 7 inch piviot risers! RSI is amazing to work with!! They will warn u about bending the post. the only place i have bent anything is the adapter plate to make it the pivion style. i just welded it two plates together and it works amazingly

Premium Features

Back