• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

02 800 RMK part swap with 04 800RMK edge

A

Adobe-Al

I need some info I have a 02 800 RMK 151 that I lost a rod bearing on. The lower end is at the shop now. I have since found a wrecked stock 04 800 vertical edge 159 that I'm thinking about buying. Will the 04 motor be a direct swap into my 02. Or do I have change carbs, ignition box and/or other parts. Also are the trailing arms on a 04 vertical edge(not escape) the same as my 02 edges?

yes the motor is a direct bolt in. the trailing arms are also the same, the only thing that is not a direct bolt on is the chaincase. if you buy the sled swap the harness and the motor and cdi so you have electronic reverse

Will I have swap the handlebar switch to get reverse and if I don't switch it(cause it's a little busted up on the 04) will it matter other than not having rev? also do I have to swap secondaries as well? I was also wonder about Det detector I don't think my 02 has one will it matter?

if you swap the motors and want to have reverse swap all the stuff, if you do not want reverse then just swap the motor. the flywheel is different, but if it were me swap it all and have reverse you will love it. you will need to put the secondary off of the 04 on it also

Premium Features

Back