• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bar Height and position?

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
377439_2802666915348_1518859045_32826094_1990615033_n.jpg

373806_2802693116003_1518859045_32826111_1529914547_n.jpg

So I saw the post were Bret had moved his post back and down. Thought that was kind of crazy But I have not spent any time on the new sled so I just thought well see. I go out to RKT today and he is working on this. I have to say if your under 6Ft tall I think it a must have after comparing M and pro stance fells real comfortable. This is there prototype but should have them ready to sell in a week. Price not sure he was thinking around 145.00

More pics on my FB page

Last edited:

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Whomever is interested in this piece please give Kelsey a call immediately and let him know. He wants to get a ballpark on the amount of interest in this so he doesn't overproduce them like he did with the M series oil tank cap that he has a ton of sitting on his shelves collecting dust. I told him I wanted 2 today for me and a buddy. The final production piece will most likely be anodized black. I think this will be a game changer for this sled. Forward is not an option. The steering needs to come further back and lower so you're not having to reach as far. Much better for technical riding.

RK Tek - Kelsey
208-852-3221

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
For me, the factory adjustable bars on the PC 8 are perfect. The REAL deal is whoever can come up with the vert steering and relocation kit for the 1100T that would put it in the same position at the PC8. I am losing faith that Cat is going to have the factory kit done this year. I would love to see Kelsy make that.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Just like the oil caps, it's made out of a single piece of billet aluminum. The more demand, the cheaper they will be. It actually takes some time to cut these. If you can make one that doesn't look ghetto rigged like Rasmussen's version for cheaper then more power to ya. But RK Tek's piece is much stronger than what Brett came up with. Not to mention uses the stock bars, etc. Currently this is the only viable option, so that's what I'm going with. Sled parts are expensive, something we are going to have to live with.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Just like the oil caps, it's made out of a single piece of billet aluminum. The more demand, the cheaper they will be. It actually takes some time to cut these. If you can make one that doesn't look ghetto rigged like Rasmussen's version for cheaper then more power to ya. But RK Tek's piece is much stronger than what Brett came up with. Not to mention uses the stock bars, etc. Currently this is the only viable option, so that's what I'm going with. Sled parts are expensive, something we are going to have to live with.

I understand it takes a lot of time and its a high quality product, i was just looking at it at first and kind of thought to myself, there isn't a whole lot more to this than there is to a nice riser block, so i was thinking $75 tops so the price tag really caught me off guard. I wish sled parts weren't so expensive, but wish in one hand schit in the other and see which one gets fuller.

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
$175 for that!!!! :shocked:

I understand it takes a lot of time and its a high quality product, i was just looking at it at first and kind of thought to myself, there isn't a whole lot more to this than there is to a nice riser block, so i was thinking $75 tops so the price tag really caught me off guard. I wish sled parts weren't so expensive, but wish in one hand schit in the other and see which one gets fuller.

If you think the price is high, price out a set Rox adjustable riser's.

JMO

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
After riding and installing I think it will make a difference on rider position. Seams kind of off but I think it a must.

When you installing and then stand on it it feels right more like an M.

Retail at 145.00

2012 Post fix. 002.jpg 2012 Post fix. 003.jpg 2012 Post fix. 004.jpg

J

jkjasperson

Jan 28, 2008
Rock Springs, Wyoming
You got to love the snowmobile industry, let's all go buy $13000.00 sleds and then buy a bunch of aftermarket stuff to try and make it like the outdated sled we had last year. Not bashing just makes me laugh. If it works for you tear it up.

P

ps700

Nov 27, 2007
BCs Northern Capital
You got to love the snowmobile industry, let's all go buy $13000.00 sleds and then buy a bunch of aftermarket stuff to try and make it like the outdated sled we had last year. Not bashing just makes me laugh. If it works for you tear it up.

No dout, for years we wanted the bars high and forward and now you want them low and back, You can sure pick out the people who have to much time and money. Learn to ride the proclimb not try and make it the old m chassis IMO.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
I guess I will explain

Okay so its a new chassis right and yes we need to learn how to ride it. So in that learning we must change some things like were we stand. I have been riding M for 6 years now and am very comfortable on them but I stand all the way forward and have no issues. I hope on the Pro Climb and the first day I get tossed over the bars 3 times. So I need to move back so I don't dive and if a bar relocation helps me do that then so be it.

And as far as buying a 13000 dollar sled and having to fix all the little crap screwed up on then so be it. You wait I guarantee that you will see more than B.N.G on next years sled. Hopefully they will fix all the crap they did not do right. And if you think its perfect then you must be a ditch banger and not ride in the deep pow and back country.

J

jkjasperson

Jan 28, 2008
Rock Springs, Wyoming
Wow ditch banger, that hurts. I'm not a ditch banger and I guerontee I can hold my own to anybody, if you doubt that ask Bret. I wasn't bashing I was just stating isn't it funny how we try to change the new into the old that we are familiar with. As far as BNG go I hope you are rite on that one.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Why move them down when the handle bars are adjustable? I can see moving them back but why down? More stability???

More leverage the lower the bars are. Better for technical riding. Go measure your bars all the way down on an M, then go measure all the way down on the proclimb. The bars all the way down on the PC would be like 2-3 clicks up on the M.

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--Why not just make a fixed, low height, vertical steering post with a two positon handlebar mount, forward and rearward. A person could then adjust handlebar height if needed using a riser. It would get rid of the apparently useless adjustment mechanism and save some weight.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
In my opinion it does nothing other than help counter steer. When the sled washes out as it is you can barely get high enough on the bars to shove the nose back down hill, with more power (boost) I will want them even lower and forward. This sled likes it when you are forward, stand back and your loosing control, but fun. Just my opinion for my riding style though.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
lol

I did not mean that really pointed at anyone. I ment more that if you think the sled is perfect then you must be a ditch banger. Because in the deep snow and mountains its far from perfect.

Wow ditch banger, that hurts. I'm not a ditch banger and I guerontee I can hold my own to anybody, if you doubt that ask Bret. I wasn't bashing I was just stating isn't it funny how we try to change the new into the old that we are familiar with. As far as BNG go I hope you are rite on that one.

Premium Features