• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My running-board foot-loop injury: Who else has had their foot stuck in the footwell?

Have you had problems with your boots getting trapped in your Polaris ProRide or AXYS

• Total voters

Pine-sol

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2011
One of the first things I've done on my axy & pros. Pull the over structure & reposition the foot loops. You can only keep your feet back some of the time. Plenty of instances when you need to crawl forward to get the sled to follow your lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
i cut mine from my pro, moved them, and had them rewelded above the second hole on the over structure.
there was no way to get my foot stuck then and they still provided some structural support

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Brian @ B&M Fab's made the relocation kit for the 2011-2015 pro's toe hold and had been thinking of a way to do it on The AXYS.
We Have been discussing this since October- but nothing yet-
There is a HUGE market (IMHO) for this type of modification.. I would buy 2 dozen right off the bat for my shop!

I have been lucky to walk ( Limp) away from near misses over the years, and not a good feeling when you go left and your sled goes right....

S/C

d8grandpa

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2010
Alberta
i cut mine from my pro, moved them, and had them rewelded above the second hole on the over structure.
there was no way to get my foot stuck then and they still provided some structural support
I have done this exact same on every sled I have owned. Brand new first mod that gets done. It's annoying that they can't just move it up from factory. It's been a problem for 10 years now.

S
Sep 14, 2010
where ever I am
PM me your address and I'll send you a set of Everett Ankle Savers. Lots of pain free happy customers:)

https://youtu.be/fq7KIov7Hcc

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fq7KIov7Hcc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ever since I installed the Everett ankle savers my feet have not been stuck. Nearly broke my knee twice from over the bars, seem the new 16 pushed me too far forward, still find them in the wells after going down a steep hill or even when climbing a steep hill. I am working on keeping my feet back from the well.

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
Unfortunately I have really big feet. I have to wear 15's in snowmobile boots. Got stuck in the left footwell while falling off. I was bent over backwards layin in the snow downhill from the sled. Luckily we were in a rolling meadow & everyone was close by to help me up. I thought I was gonna break my foot. Kinda scary something so simple & silly can hurt a guy.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
Unfortunately I have really big feet. I have to wear 15's in snowmobile boots. Got stuck in the left footwell while falling off. I was bent over backwards layin in the snow downhill from the sled. Luckily we were in a rolling meadow & everyone was close by to help me up. I thought I was gonna break my foot. Kinda scary something so simple & silly can hurt a guy.

Had this happen to me on a skidoo 600 that I rented because of a torn track on my cat. I wanted to try some circle carving, so I purposely over carved to see how far over I could go and still have it pop up. When I let go to bail the sled popped up and took my foot with it. It truly is scary as hell being dragged for 15 or 20 feet by the foot with the track right next to you.

I love how the manufacturers don't give a **** about something like this, but they put a warning on the display that says to not get distracted by the display.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
This should be an eye opener for PII.
The aftermarket world has witnessed and came up with varied solutions to correct another flawed PII design but PII has not.
PII you need to address this.

tuneman, they came in yesterday thanks. Will post when I install them.

Edit:
Looks like we need to vote again.

Last edited:
N
Apr 9, 2010
Soldotna, AK
I have a Pro and wear size 13 boots. Maybe I'm just setting myself up for disaster, but I like hooking my toes in from time to time, depending on conditions. Can make it easier to carve on harder snowpack. I'm just wondering if the pros of the stirup outweight the cons, at least for many riders and PI. I haven't ridden an Axys yet, but if there's less clearance that would be a little unsettling.

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
Cut mine and rewelded them over an inch higher. So much better. I used to always be conscious of keeping my feet out of there after they got caught one time.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
I have a Pro and wear size 13 boots. Maybe I'm just setting myself up for disaster, but I like hooking my toes in from time to time, depending on conditions. Can make it easier to carve on harder snowpack. I'm just wondering if the pros of the stirup outweight the cons, at least for many riders and PI. I haven't ridden an Axys yet, but if there's less clearance that would be a little unsettling.

I know what your saying. But we don't need to get our toes that far into the pocket.
Has anyone else seen the break away from BRP? Not sure how it works, saw a set on the bench.

B

bailer

Nov 26, 2007
Saskatoon
I know what your saying. But we don't need to get our toes that far into the pocket.
Has anyone else seen the break away from BRP? Not sure how it works, saw a set on the bench.

It only flexes downwards, and is solid and holds your foot in place upwards.
They are adjustable for position so you can choose how tight your toehold is.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.

I used to say the same thing. I wear the same size boots and can tell you are setting yourself up for disaster. Once you have ruptured a patella tendon and ACL and you freak out and go into shock from being stuck next to your sled and can't move at all, seeing your lower leg pointing in an unknown, unnatural attitude, pain like you could never imagine, having your buddies have to get you out of the backcountry, your buds and wife or significant other have to go through hours and hours of getting you to the hospital, logistics with rigs, not to mention take care of you while you are healing during one of the best snow seasons on record, then maybe I hope you will see the cons outweigh the pros.

But look on the Brightside, you can spend all of your time on Snowest while you are on IR wondering if you will heal enough to ride as well as you did before.

Premium Features