• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why Does my sled rev up so far before it engages?

G
Mar 12, 2014
Hey guys, I bought a 2003 Arctic Cat Panther 570 ESR about a month ago and I'm having some problems with it. Two days after I bought it the belt snapped on it. That day I knew something sounded wrong but wasn't sure what exactly. Now I am having more problems with it. The RPMs go way too high before the belt engages. Is it still good to ride for now? I'm new to snowmobiling and have done my research and found that maybe the clutch just needs a good cleaning or a spring on the inside is either broken or loose. Someone metioned that maybe there is a broken spring in the clutch or is it just way too dirty? Any advice would be extremely appreciated. We have recently gotten lots of fresh powder and lots more on the way. Is it still okay to ride and if not, how long before i will be riding it again? Any advice will be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

R
Aug 7, 2009
pinetop az
You may get more responce on the artic cat form insted of the polaris.
But here we go.
It sounds like your belt is too lose or your front clutch is not tuned right or is sticking.
Not tuned right would be too much spring or not enough weight.
Sticking would be a bushing or weight pivots, rollers.
If your belt is too lose the primary (front) clutch has to close alot to ingage the belt.
Good luck Rob

Premium Features