• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who Makes The Side Panel Vents That?

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Who makes the side panel vents that only cover the lower portion of the side panel? I have been going through all the web pages in my favorites and cant seem to find it...

The ones that allow you to keep the stock decals......

thanks.. Justin

Kale

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
www.flaneinc.com p. 50 of Mod-Stock vol. 35 issue 8.

I don't personally have them on my sled, but will probably try them on my next sled.

Give us an update next season if you buy them, and how you like them.

Thanks,

Kale

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
Fire'N'Ice makes them. I believe they are available in black,white and red.

firenice.us

FireNIce_1.jpg

Last edited:

Kale

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nelson,

Those are sweet. Do they make the brushed aluminum in anodized black?

Kale

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Those look pretty nice... wonder if he would buildem without the section cut out for the reflector?

Kale

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
The Fast Lane vents don't have the reflector cut out and they're black, but they look like they have less vent opening.

Kale

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Opinions?... think they move enough air to even be worth it? seems like they would be in the snow a lot?

Thanks for all the help and links!!!!!!!!!

W
Opinions?... think they move enough air to even be worth it? seems like they would be in the snow a lot?

I put some on my 09 d8 and they work pretty good. My first belt lasted 850 miles and the thread just started to come out so I changed it. The only problem that I had was in real deep fine powder it would let a little snow in on the clutch. Hope that helps

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
did you combine them with any other vents?

what brand did you get?

yes it is a help... any info is help as long as it is not bashing or being an azzz

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership

Hot air rises and needs to escape. I don't see a lot of value in small vent being that low on the sled. Beings they're on the side, the air will most likely be passing on by. Air needs to be forced or pressured in and then allowed to escape. My .02

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
ya... I understand your theory. Mine is if a little bit is good a whole lot is better. I have more vents on my sled than I can count. This is the wifes sled, and she wants to keep the decals... was hoping this was a decent substitute for a side panel vent. Maybe not...

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
I'd say when it comes to venting, anything is better than nothing.

you will not have any snow come through unless it is real icy granular snow

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
Like stated above....the air needs to escape, I think the side panel vents really help out when air is passing through the sled....aka while its in motion...

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
I dont think so.....they fit just perfect for my RMK side panels. You could probably make some pretty easily with some abs material, pre filter and a hot glue gun

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
I don't think the fusion side panels are any different than the RMK's have been since 2005. If I'm right then there won't be any problems.

I know the panels are different....i just dont know if they will fit or not....

Pic of fusion side panel

fusion side pane.JPG

Premium Features