• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WHO makes the best CUSTOM SNOWMOBILE COVERS?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Looking to pick up a custom snowmobile cover for my new 2024 Summit X.
Want FULL coverage for open trailering.

Who makes THE BEST product??????

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Unfortunately, Skinz hasn’t made their covers in over 10 years. I emailed them last week. Mine lasted over 15 years and I wanted a new one.
SKINZ is just a shadow of its former self.
Don't think they even off that product any more.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Im wondering myself.
I bought a polaris cover last year and it made it a whole 200 miles before it unthreaded itself in the rear section.

Now i just use my Arctic cat cover I’ve had since 2016 on my Matryx.

So maybe AC has the best cover, I might have just answered the question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
What's wrong with a OEM cover? I haven't heard of any company's that make covers since skinz was making them

Cornfusion

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2017
Western Pa
I bought a bunch at the skinz auction and got a few covers. They are not new in box and I've given a few of the rougher ones away to friends but Im pretty certain I have a few decent ones left.

If you're interested, pm me.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
What's wrong with a OEM cover? I haven't heard of any company's that make covers since skinz was making them
In my case two things.
#1.
I want to cover the tunnel this year for summer storage.

#2. I am adding the extended Glovebox and it doesn't fit properly.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Went down this road a couple years ago when using the sled deck from MN out west and it was a dead end. The OEM covers suck and most people are using enclosed trailers now or not using covers on sled decks. The only sled covers out there were really more like generic dust covers.

My solution.....Sold the deck and the sled goes into the back of the truck bed down and out of major wind and it gets the OEM Polaris cover which will last a few years in this setup. They still tend to get ripped towards the end of the tunnel by the rear bumper but it works for now. This is the only way I can get sled covers to last on trips where hwy roads are involved.

Even here in the Midwest you hardly see open trailers anymore with anything newer then a 20 year old sled. People just don't seem to be spending $15,000 to $25,000 on a sled and letting it get covered in road crap anymore. Lots of enclosed trailers now.

Good luck in your search.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Christopher, Greeners Canvas is located in Burley but he goes back and forth to Ashton frequently. Took over his dads business of many types custom covers and ID wind proof trampolines.
May be worth the call.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Went down this road a couple years ago when using the sled deck from MN out west and it was a dead end. The OEM covers suck and most people are using enclosed trailers now or not using covers on sled decks. The only sled covers out there were really more like generic dust covers.

My solution.....Sold the deck and the sled goes into the back of the truck bed down and out of major wind and it gets the OEM Polaris cover which will last a few years in this setup. They still tend to get ripped towards the end of the tunnel by the rear bumper but it works for now. This is the only way I can get sled covers to last on trips where hwy roads are involved.

Even here in the Midwest you hardly see open trailers anymore with anything newer then a 20 year old sled. People just don't seem to be spending $15,000 to $25,000 on a sled and letting it get covered in road crap anymore. Lots of enclosed trailers now.

Good luck in your search.
sooo
I have been pulling a little 2 place open flat trailer for the last couple years now.
Both sleds have had the new OEM Doo "Ride On" covers on them and I have had ZERO ISSUES with them
To be perfectly honest, I rather LOVE THOSE COVERs.
They have worked REALLY WELL for me and my sleds.

Only issue is they end at the seat and offer NO summer time coverage for the tunnel

And I am pretty sure with the new Deep Snow Extended Glovebox they probably won't fit any more.
Not 100% certain of this, but strongly suspect the cover will not fit over the new glove box.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
I wonder if you could get one made that would cover the part which the Doo one doesn’t…. Could be put on first, with stretchy clips like on the Doo cover that clip to the running board. Wouldn’t be a complex project for a tarp shop like the ones that make or repair freight truck tarps. Just a thought.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I wonder if you could get one made that would cover the part which the Doo one doesn’t…. Could be put on first, with stretchy clips like on the Doo cover that clip to the running board. Wouldn’t be a complex project for a tarp shop like the ones that make or repair freight truck tarps. Just a thought.
First thing I will do when they deliver the new sled is to TRY and fit the OEM cover on and see just how bad it is with the new Hump from the Glove Box.
'

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I'm surprised you guys are having such good luck with Doo covers. I have bought a new one every year for the last 5 years as they are TRASHED at the end of a season with the seams blowing out, and now the plastic clip breaking on the rear tunnel section.

I'm ~1100 miles of interstate to the nearest riding spot and they just don't last. They typically come apart in the rear section. I'd love to get a cover that wasn't a pile of hot garbage after one trip.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I'm surprised you guys are having such good luck with Doo covers. I have bought a new one every year for the last 5 years as they are TRASHED at the end of a season with the seams blowing out, and now the plastic clip breaking on the rear tunnel section.

I'm ~1100 miles of interstate to the nearest riding spot and they just don't last. They typically come apart in the rear section. I'd love to get a cover that wasn't a pile of hot garbage after one trip.
Hmm
I have had ONE plastic Clip partially tear one of its seams, but that was after a few years of regular use and the cover STILL worked pretty well in spite of that.

Otherwise the other 3 covers have been GREAT.
Surprisingly so.

Premium Features