• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What Aftermarket RAW RMK parts should be Made or Improved upon?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
What are some products that YOU would like to see made for the Polaris RAW RMK's (2007- 2010)

Dream big.... use your imagination.

What problems need to be solved for you?
Made to perform better?
Made stronger?
Look better?

What current Aftermarket products can be improved upon?

This is an AFTERMARKET question ... so nothing like "Polaris should do X/Y/Z"...

It's NOT about Polaris Industries here.

Heres one.... I'd like to see a stronger/lighter steering post that does not have to be custom ordered.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Eric, I would like to see one of the tunnel makers come out with replaceable tunnel sides(like CR racings) but with a plastic/aluminum construction to keep the snow from building up around the seat and on the running boards(I have rob's better boards now but in most conditions I still get buildup if I dont constantly swipe at them...

jdtech65

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2008
Northwest IA
I would like to see more options for the rear bumper. One that you can actually fit your hands in there to lift when you are stuck. Theres now lots of front bumpers but only a couple rear ones.

B

beefspots

Mar 10, 2008
Dayton, Wyo.
The stock seat is fine but it is lacking storage so A reasonable boss seat with some damn storage to pack tools, another belt, drink, camera, little food, and the kitchen sink. That would be sweet. :D

R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
Cheaper side panel options for when the tabs break. Maybe something reinforced around that area, with built in vents? Maybe just a metal framed side panel covered completely in vent material??

S

snow-seeker

Nov 26, 2007
Olds Alberta
I would like a board option to widen them out (like CR's) but with heat. I ride with Yam's that have heated board and I look on with jealousy every time I have to kick snow off mine.

Would also like a body kit to trun the IQRaw over to a IQR body.

sliding risers

gauge relocation kit so you can actually look at the darn thing while riding. being able to have a needle tack would be nice too.

seat option with storage, but no wider than what is on their now.

CROW

Lifetime Membership
Jul 25, 2002
Michigan
It might not be a big issue in the west, but here in Michigan and Canada we do alot of...shall we say...tight tree riding. Some handguard mounts that can be mounted to curved portion of the bars that stand up to trees and roll overs.

MTDAD

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
MONTANA
Parts

I would like to be able to buy a kit to have heated running boards. I sure miss my heated running boards off my edge!!!

crix

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
SaVaGe, MiNnEsOtA
I would like to be able to buy a kit to have heated running boards. I sure miss my heated running boards off my edge!!!

I miss my boards form the 900rmk too I feel ya there

The easiest but best mod I can think of especially if you ride with other polaris sled would be a same as stock but beefier rear bumper... My dad and I both have tweeked bumpers from pullin eachother back your hands fit in there better now but... the bumper is really soft now

Like was said above seat with storage but same shape

Last edited:
J
Dec 2, 2002
Monticello, MN
Some good comments here.

I too would like to have better hand guard options. My '09 RMK seat is way too slippery compared to my '07 RMK that I had. I know skinz makes a seat cover but its not worth $200 in my eyes.

I like the Arctic Cat adjustable handlebar riser as well.

It would be nice to have the option to put a 16" wide track on the IQ RMK.

A factory looking gauge for Air Fuel Ratio would be sweet.

S.Diddy

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2008
Park City, UT
I'd like to see and aftermarket snow flap similar to the design of the XP flap. Mostly because the XP flap has that bump out right up near the top so when your sled is sunk beyond belief you can actually get your hands around the rear bumper without first getting all the snow out.

It also would be cool to see some spindles made similar to the holz, but with more adjustable geometry. Maybe via adjustable mounting holes or something so you could get your stance further forward or back. I've just always been curious as to how different the sled would feel with your skis an inch or two forward or back.

Last edited:
E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
Some kind of a mod to the recoil system that would allow it to start with a short easy pull like an M8. I could count on one hand the times my sled started first pull. That pull was up over my head and behind my shoulder when that happened. Riding with a injured shoulder this year really made me notice how bad these things are to start compared to others.

A wireless FOB like a Harley Davidson has that wont allow your sled to run if you are more than 10' away from it. Good for security and parts bills for my riding style. Forget the key that gets hit by the handlebar bag or the tether that gets froze. HD also has an electronic throttle (no cable) wouldnt that be intresting with the new tall risers. Maybe even a bike type grip throttle.

And last but no least, a quick release ski bolt so you can easily turn the skis around when you have to tow it out on the back of your buddies sled 25 miles after your fresh re-build that you waited weeks for......Doooooohhhhhhhhhh. EW

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
it seemed like every aftermarket part except for my cpi can sucked last season. I think the better boards need improvement so they won't bend and the sno skinz float plate is a joke. I would like to see a good skid plate that actually fits and protects. I purchase a alpha x suspension and looking forward to trying it out.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
All you guys looking for tunnel sides that are reasonable, I believe Fastrax is coming with carbon fiber panels. That will solve alot of your snow issues. I was going to do them, but I had my sled completely tore down last summer and not excited about a complete tear down again....

I have a few wishes........

• A-Arm Tube chasis with RAW geometry(this is in the I have a dream category)
  • Vents - Aluminum border with a prefilter material and screen material, anodized black
  • Hood - Lightweight, durable, different than stock, possibility of it being taller
  • Underhood Storage - I used to jam a lot of things under the hood on my Edge, just doesnt seem like there is much room for anything.
  • Running Board Strip - I like to put my foot on the angled upright on the running boards. I would like a grip strip like on the edge of the board.

There is so many aftermarket parts out there already. It is hard to make a list. I only have 3 rides on mine, so maybe after some more time the list will get longer.

trikerider

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Ellensburg Wa
I would like to see more options for the rear bumper. One that you can actually fit your hands in there to lift when you are stuck. Theres now lots of front bumpers but only a couple rear ones.

Tilt it up like this, there is a hole but you have to make it a little bigger.

Dragon 163 2.JPG

jdtech65

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2008
Northwest IA
Tilt it up like this, there is a hole but you have to make it a little bigger.

You know, I actually was considering doing that when I had it off to polish the whole tunnel this winter. I decided not to do it because there is no extra support on that other hole. All the support is built into the top 1 or so of the tunnel side and did not want to risk it ruining the side of the tunnel by ripping it.

I'm also curious as to what you used to mount your shovel? Right now I have a full length tunnel rack and just have my shovel and snobunje mounted to the tunnel rack with a couple bunje straps. I would like to do something to make it a little quicker to get off and put back on.

Last edited:

trikerider

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Ellensburg Wa
I was a little worried about the strength also, I think I would mount it back to stock if I had to tow another sled. I have some pics of the shovel thing I made, when I find them I'll post. I also carry a shovel in my pack but this is so much more handy.

trikerider

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Ellensburg Wa
You know, I actually was considering doing that when I had it off to polish the whole tunnel this winter. I decided not to do it because there is no extra support on that other hole. All the support is built into the top 1 or so of the tunnel side and did not want to risk it ruining the side of the tunnel by ripping it.

I'm also curious as to what you used to mount your shovel? Right now I have a full length tunnel rack and just have my shovel and snobunje mounted to the tunnel rack with a couple bunje straps. I would like to do something to make it a little quicker to get off and put back on.

Here are the pics, if you have any questions pm me with your email and I will explain. I don't want to hijack this thread, it's a good one.

P4220002.JPG P4220003.JPG P4220004.JPG

Premium Features