• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Want to try Hill Climb

Ryan-41

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Cheyenne, Wyoming
www.myspace.com
Hey guys I want to try running a couple of races in the RMSHA circuit and need some insight, would like to know a few things like what do I need as far as equipment and gear? Also I ride a 2006 M7 153, is there anything I can do to my sled to help me that won't break the bank!! Thank your help!!

Ryan

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
You will find the answers to most of your questions on the RMSHA website. As for the sled,...track screws, tether, and ISR legal snowflap will get you started. It's good to see new blood take interest in RMSHA!

www.rmsha.com

Ryan-41

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Cheyenne, Wyoming
www.myspace.com
Are track screws a necessity, I don't really want to spend a lot of money, also my key broke off in the ignition, so is there any other way I could use a teather??

RYan

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven

Keith517

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I ran an 06 M7 my first year, it was a great sled. I replaced the key switch with a tether and it worked great. You will definatly want screws in your track and they are not that much money.
If you have any other questions let one of us know. It is great to see new people getting into hillcimbing!

Last edited:

stonehands1

Lifetime Membership
Jul 26, 2010
Mt. Baker
Hey guys I want to try running a couple of races in the RMSHA circuit and need some insight, would like to know a few things like what do I need as far as equipment and gear? Also I ride a 2006 M7 153, is there anything I can do to my sled to help me that won't break the bank!! Thank your help!!

Ryan
The answer to the question in red is....don't hillclimb race! Just funnin...kinda. Good luck and have fun!

T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
I'd like to try one also but unsure which class I'd have to ride. I have a M1000 with a ez ryde rear other then that's it's pretty stock, well by that I mean it has the normal things like most sleds; vents, riser, can, set up stock clutches..

Which event would be the best for a noob?

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
I'd like to try one also but unsure which class I'd have to ride. I have a M1000 with a ez ryde rear other then that's it's pretty stock, well by that I mean it has the normal things like most sleds; vents, riser, can, set up stock clutches..

The only classes you will be able to run that setup in are Semi-Pro Modified, OR Pro Open Modified. The main reason for that is the EZ-Ryde, but if you ditched that for the stock skid and had stock panels you could run the Semi-Pro Improved Stock, OR Pro 1000 Improved Stock as well as a mod class listed above.

Keith517

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007

If you are just wanting to do one race you could also do one that has a local amature class. I think they do one at Bear Lake.

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
If you are just wanting to do one race you could also do one that has a local amature class. I think they do one at Bear Lake.

Very good point. Then you really don't have to worry about 'transforming' your sled to meet ISR rules. Amateur Class is basically a run what you brung style race. It is a really good atmosphere to experience the competition and race course based riding style. Just keep an eye on the RMSHA site. They will usually announce the races that will have an Amateur Class.

Keith517

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I'm not seeing anything on the amatuer class? What the new member class all about?

The amatuer class is not held at every race. It is basicly a bring what you have and run it class. You do not have the rules and regulations that you have with a typical RMSHA class. The new member class is for new members and your sled will have to comply with the respective class rule (stock, improved stock, and mod) they only run one of each of these classes per year.

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
I'm not seeing anything on the amatuer class?

FYI, you can probably expect an Amateur class at Bear Lake, Pebble Cr., Beaver Mt., and Powder Mt. races. IIRC they had them at all 4 last year. Just keep watching the contact info for each race in the schedule. They will usually post stuff once the race opens for registration.

Premium Features