• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Walker Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
I put the zero pros on the rear last year with the Holz rear suspension and Ice Age rails without the tip up...love the way the rear works....now just trying to figure out what to do with the fronts......I do love going up to any hill slowly and just standing on one side and tipping up the other ski and walking up any hill we come to...would you still be able to easily do that with the other shocks on the front???

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
up, down, all around....get some EVOL R for your fronts. Tinker around with your setups and pressures while you learn your preferences and what the different setting "feel" like. Thank me next season after a few rides (if you test, tune, and dial they are THAT GOOD!)

Imagine your air walkers valved and pressured absolutely spot on for YOU and YOUR sled...FOX Evol is the same but it's all of the time, in every condition, and they don't have to be serviced or replaced nearly as often.

gerrman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Canada
Bought a set of Fox Float2's from Holz recently for my new, still to come 2009 Dragon 163. Have a Holz rear skid c/w Zero Pro's to install as well. No more Walker Evans Air junk for me anymore. Hopefully will be able to sell the WE fronts in the fall. This would make the Float2's a super deal!!!

R
Sep 1, 2001
Maple Grove, MN
I like my WE's. I had Fabcraft go though them and add chambers and pistons to the air shocks and just wish I would have had a bit more time to play around with them in terms of adjustment to get them a bit softer.

Crazy difference over a factory set up WE shock that is for sure. In the morning my shocks were over 2" more extened then my buddies Dragons from 2008. Their's I'm sure were low but still what a noticable difference.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
I must be one of the few who have not had any problems with the WE'ss that came on my 07 D7. There are a few new shocks that probably are better, but I can't justify spending $$$ to replace something that is still working great. When the shocks do decide to go, I'll probably go for coilovers since they seem to hold up better in extreme cold weather over my current WE's.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
MORSNO, I actually like the cheapo ryde coil overs that come factory stock on the non dragon RMK better then my walker airs. No adjust-ability but an better overall performing shock for actually riding a snowmobile in all round free ride conditions. I was told that by the "experts" and after I tried it they were right!

Better yet was the fox zero pro combination. It is the best average of performance, durability, weight, and cost for the budget minded polaris iq rmk mtn sledder. Not even in the ballpark with what you can accomplish from the adjustable Evols but basically a nice overall package that you can "FEEL" the performance difference.

Once again if you have experienced the benefit of a set of shocks properly tuned and setup for the vehicle, rider, and conditions you'll be ruined for riding non tunable shocks. That's were the evol's shine! Now all I need is automatic push button valve dialing and air pressure filling (with no added weight or cost). I know what equals what and that two seconds per dial turn and couple minutes of pressure adjusting is JUST SO INCONVIENANT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features