• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Very upset, got spanked by a dragon. PLEASE HELP!!

R
Jan 2, 2008
Went riding with a buddy with a brand new dragon, stock with a can. 0 miles on it. My sled is a 07 M8 with slp set up. 08 clutching, with lighter weights for the slp. Spinning 7900 rpm. I'm about 30 pounds lighter than him. We raced up a small hill about 1500 ft. He pulled me from the start all the way to the top. By about 3-4 sled length. What can i do, Very PO'ed. thanks....

K

kodpkd

Nov 28, 2007
Loveland, CO
M8,, against a DOO or POO,,,, M8 looses.. Didn't you know? Better not race up the hill against a XP...

Nov 26, 2007
Kent,Wa.
What knid of snow ?

Was the snow deep or hard as a rock? A good mountain setup is not a good drag race setup. I guess you have to make the decision what you want your sled to be better at. -00's

P
What's more important??????

If it was a tracked up hill, are you really that bummed????????.......compare more on what it does on putting the mark on the hill with fresh on it. To me it really does not matter how fast you get there, it's how far you get making your own track............IMO.

P.P.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
instead of paying alot for mods just give him 50 bucks to go half throttle...seriously though the 07 m8 was no real star....but they mod better and more reliable then any other brand...and i just love the handling in the powder...there is give and take..shave 50lbs and add 35 horses and you will love it forever....well till the next blue eyed blond anyway

V

vinnie

Nov 26, 2007
Mitchell,SD
really? mine doesnt.............And yes I have rode with an 09 M-8....

The one I rode with did & it had a boondocker turbo! Ask another who own a dragon he said his trenched like a SOB too! yours must be set diff. but the one with the turbo that I saw trenched terrible!!

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
The one I rode with did & it had a boondocker turbo! Ask another who own a dragon he said his trenched like a SOB too! yours must be set diff. but the one with the turbo that I saw trenched terrible!!

setting the clutching up really stops most of it(and I admit as delievered it did trench)..and I liked the M-8..sled really goes good..but from what I saw all day..my dragon did better...but if I didnt own the dragon..I would own the m-8..very nice sleds...

MUZBOMB

Lifetime Membership
Aug 15, 2008
Albeta sometimes Saskatchewan
I have a 07 M8 i have some mod's done. I keep right up beside buddys M1000 and beat the hell out of a dragon:D Get the RKT clutching this is one of the biggest changes for the 07 M8:D and that is all i am telling PM me if you want more got a good thing hear keeping it hush:D:beer;

Y
Jan 4, 2009

The dragon with the turbo trenches more becuase it has more power got to get your speed up carefully then pin it. Same applies for all sleds with extra power.Better yet wait till you are right on the hill then pin it ,bury it ,and blame the sled.

M
Dec 21, 2007
Washington
Went riding with a buddy with a brand new dragon, stock with a can. 0 miles on it. My sled is a 07 M8 with slp set up. 08 clutching, with lighter weights for the slp. Spinning 7900 rpm. I'm about 30 pounds lighter than him. We raced up a small hill about 1500 ft. He pulled me from the start all the way to the top. By about 3-4 sled length. What can i do, Very PO'ed. thanks....

Buy a Polaris?

Just jerking your chains. :)

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
Wasn't that impressed with the 07 M8 a couple weeks ago in IP, but the 09 was very impressive. If it was on a hardpack hill, I don't think there's much you can do, but buy the Powerclaw and find an untracked hill, you should do alright then....

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
if you really want help setting your sled up good for your riding conditions then give us all the info elevation,snow type,track lengh etc....

Premium Features