• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Very disappointed!!!!

C
Don't feel like the lone ranger joe. I have two buddies that bought brand new M10's this year and have had nothing but troubles with them. Mainly error codes and not running well. No seizures like you. They have both been towed out numerous times this year. Have another friend who bought a brand new M10 too and has had 0 probs. These are machines and unfortuneately, the machines that make them are made by man. I just bought a new-to-me M8 last weekend and got it at Extreme now for a "pre season" tune and some snow eliminator install. Ran great last weekend though but i'm going up to Wy. at then end of this month with some buddies and just want to make sure it's dialed in for the trip. Never owned a cat before. Got my fingers crossed. My dad has always said, "if it wasn't for bad luck, i'd have no luck at all" ha!

Last edited:
B
Nov 26, 2007
personally I think 90% of the problem arise from the factories (all of them) stringing these motors out so far for performance and emissions... they lean the motors out so far and use such aggressive timing maps and try to reduce emissions by cutting oil use and etc. that it is contributing to the constant failure... just my .02

A

alexhack

Nov 8, 2008
Red Deer, Alberta
Sorry about your chity luck. What are the odds though?:eek: Don't shy away from the 09 M's due to this. When you get your new (properly built:rolleyes:) engine, and it lasts more than a few miles, you'll love it. The 09 M8's are awesome.:cool:

B
Jan 20, 2009
That sucks, all the 09 M's around here have been awsome, My buddy has a 09 m1000 and has had 0 issues, one of my other friends however has an 08 and a wrist pin let go in his motor and was out of warrenty by 2 weeks which sucked, My 09 m8 has been awsome, only thing is its in the shop now getting a new oil pump...

S

slojoe13

May 6, 2008
Westminster, CO
Extreme called today and AC is sending a new motor. i might have it back by the weekend or early next week. i definitely have not lost faith in AC or my sled. things happen.

Premium Features