• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Very disappointed!!!!

S

slojoe13

May 6, 2008
Westminster, CO
i bought a brand new '09 M8 snopro 162" and took it out this weekend for the very first time. i was hoping to show up all my doo-doo friends. no f-ing luck. i made it 4.6 miles on the TRAIL and the motor seized up!!! long story short after calling my dealer and a ton of ridicule by my doo friends we unseized the motor and figured the cooler was not circulating. then got it started, tried to burp it, but was just not working. tried to limp back and made it a 1/2 mile and had to get towed by a ski-doo. i brought it to my dealer in steamboat and they checked it out. they said that when it was put together the shaft that turns the water pump, oil pump, and is connected to the crank was bent and screwed up the whole motor. now he is trying to get me a whole new motor. this just really sucks!!!! but the guys at extreme in steamboat and his partner in denver (nelson motorsports) hooked me up with a '09 m1000 for the weekend. so i thank them and my friends for their help and great service!!!

but it still sucks!!!!!!!!

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
Must have been assembled on a Monday or Friday afternoon. You likey the taste of the 1000 tho didnt ya...............

S
Feb 18, 2008
get on the horn with cat and see what they can do, i have a apex that threw a rod at 700km they wanted to rebuild, but when i got ahold of yamaha they changed their tune and replaced it complete, also 2007 xp blew up real good and he got a new bottom end complete. so dont be rude or an as# hole just talk to cat, they will send you a complete.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
get on the horn with cat and see what they can do, i have a apex that threw a rod at 700km they wanted to rebuild, but when i got ahold of yamaha they changed their tune and replaced it complete, also 2007 xp blew up real good and he got a new bottom end complete. so dont be rude or an as# hole just talk to cat, they will send you a complete.

The xp came out in 08 didn't it, I scuffed a piston on my 09 m1000 57miles road it another 200miles replaced jug and piston and it rips. all under warranty.

S
Dec 16, 2007
Hayden, ID
I had my clutch come off @ 250 miles, and it wiped out the end of the crank, AC wanted to rebuild it I told the ac rep that this was not acceptable, any way 1 month later and about 50 phone calls later and a thread on this forum ac agreed to put a new motor in it. I think that this forum is a great tool to all of us, and it sheds light on various problems we have and how we are treated by AC and other brands, I think a lot of people make there buying decisions on how warranty issues are handled, let's face it, a warranty is only good if they actually stand behind it and do the right thing. good luck

T
Jan 8, 2008
in a bat w/caves
buddies new 09 m8 sno pro seized after 25 miles ,looked like cold seize but was in warm garage, a/c warrantied it w/new piston and cylinder runs strong now.all the hcr's have similiar issues if not broken in correctly

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
A new engine should be heated up and cooled down a number of times before going out and pinching it tight. The pistons need several heat cycles, then ride it like it was stolen.

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
not to be a lurker in another forum, i know doo has tons of problems, but wow, amazed this many cats have troubles, as well as the poos with the motors squeaking and DOO's still get the bad rap.

i know these are problably the only ones, i have just only seen turbo'd cats on a rope. a little eye opener for me!!

B
Nov 26, 2007
not to be a lurker in another forum, i know doo has tons of problems, but wow, amazed this many cats have troubles, as well as the poos with the motors squeaking and DOO's still get the bad rap.

Cats have their problems as well as any other sled out there but I ride with all ski-doo guys and mine has it's hiccups no doubt but the ratio of busted doos to busted cats definitely leans on the bad side for the doos. Reliability will always win over the highest horsepower.

S

slojoe13

May 6, 2008
Westminster, CO
yea i had every intention of breaking it in right, but didn't make it far enough. i was only going maybe 30-35 on the trail, no pinning it. never even made it to the pow. but anyways they said it had nothing to do with me. just a huge fluke!! i guess i just have all the luck. it is my first brand new sled so i think that excitement just made it worse.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Be glad it happened on first ride. Sometimes problems like this come to light after a few hundred miles and with some guys not being able to ride much due to lack of snow or their economic situation at the time and go for a ride the next year without a warranty and engine seizes. That Sucks! Sleds are a mass produced machine and as such have their issues. I worked on Fords for years at a dealership and the worst problems with engines always showed before the first oil change, some never made it past the first test drive off the carrier. Chevys and Dodges have same issues before all you guys start making comments. Tits, tires or tracks they are all gonna cost ya!

A

AK Brian

Jan 19, 2009
Wasilla, Alaska
My 09 M1000 made it to 300 miles before the overheating seizure happened. It is at the dealership now and they dont have a loaner sled so I have to wait for AC to give them a new motor. 11K and I am back on a 2002 Polaris.

Is the water pump shaft failure only happening to the 2009 models??

Is there a differance between the 09s and the rest of the M1000s(regarding the water pump and shaft)?? Any feedback would be greatly appriciated.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Have only heard of this on 09s, probably a bad batch of shafts where the machine tools got worn out and tolerances weren't checked before assembly (mass produced machines). And you guys wonder why race cars cost 500K.

Premium Features