• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

upgrading 96 Ultra to 136 questions

R
Dec 1, 2007
I Already have a tunnel extension and have a few questions .
I have access xtra 10 136 skid from a Rmk . Can I just switch over my Fox shocks and stuff from my 121 skid to the 136 ? I would think it should just bolt in right? I could get extensions but I already have this skid for nothing .
Also I have stock gearing right now Should I change ? Its clutched Aaen piped ect.
Thanks

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
its all bolt on. and as for re gearing . jus ride it and see how she goes

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
you definatly want to gear it down. MY old XLT allways was dead equal to my friends until i geared mine down 2 teath. it turns the XLT into a beast. I would highly recimend it to any one with any tripple polaris. BTW, if i were oyu i would get some bigger wheels for the back of the track wile you have it all apart.

R
Dec 1, 2007
you definatly want to gear it down. MY old XLT allways was dead equal to my friends until i geared mine down 2 teath. it turns the XLT into a beast. I would highly recimend it to any one with any tripple polaris. BTW, if i were oyu i would get some bigger wheels for the back of the track wile you have it all apart.

Werent the Xlts geared different than the Ultras? Im pretty sure mine are 21/35 . Im planning on putting on some fabtech 8" wheels and an offset axle .
Thanks

Premium Features