• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Uh Oh 900 RMK check engine light while running!

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
Just got the sled out after the rebuild, put in 06 pistons, new base gaskets and new o-rings. Started on third pull and seems to idle perfect! Bled Coolant and Oil Pump to the best of my knowledge it seems to be eating the normal amount of oil! When im running and i hit 4000rpm the check engine light flashes and continues, not sure how many times because im driving and i haven't been able to count. Could this be because i premixed to rich and the det sensor is having a fit, im just trying to break it in, it runs like crap after 5000 rpm and i haven't rode above that for the sake of the break in! Any Ideas?? Plugs were wet at first then after 15min i checked again they were dry and a little darker!

Thanks
Grant

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
Seems Very inconsistant, i had 11blinks, then i had 1 4sec 1 then 7 sec 1

Ill go try again!

Tried it again, same thing, 1 blink 4sec 1 blink 9sec 1 blink 4 sec 1 blink 4sec 1 blink, This can't be right, is it that inconsistant? a couple times i counted to 11 or higher, how long should the break be?

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
engine codes

there cannot be 11 blinks..

only 1-8..

here is what you need...if it blinks 1x then pause, 1x then pause...TPS..

look at the sheet and go from there..pretty much have to replace the sensor or part on all but tps (adjust, unless it has a bad spot)

Last edited:
E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Would not surprise me if it was TPS.... ran into that same problem last summer. Crappy wire doesn't sit in the connector very well. Easy fix.

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
I rode again and had the same problem! BUT i played with the wires that go to the head(water temp) I think, and no more engine light, its also running 100 times better except now im running way to lean even though i mixed 50:1, whatever those wires go to they were lose or not getting a good connection, either way thats fixed but now i have to fix the lean mixture, Any suggestions?

Thanks
Grant

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
Im pretty sure i got 8 blinks the last time i checked before i played with the wires! Anyone know where the oil from the bottle is going, is going down at a steady pace. Ill check my oil pump adjustment and go from there!

Thanks
Grant

Last edited:
Premium Features