• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

two wheel kit

M
Jun 13, 2008
who makes the best two wheel kit i seen one for $20.00 from black diamond are they any good and hows there airbox set up its $169.95 but speedwerx has one for$445.00 they look the same.

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
BDX's full line of products is top quality and value. Tough to find together anymore it seems. They get my vote and suggestion.

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
Not the popular opinion here but I hated the BDX Black Box intake. The front vent always had tree branches sticking through them; the airbox would fill with snow and restrict airflow. The vents were always clogged and iced up, all of them, even the shock tower vents. It just didn't work for me. I was always having to re-silicon the joints to keep the snow out. There has to be a better N/A intake setup out there. I also have the rear axle and it works well. I cut and tapped one on one sled and bought the BDX for the second sled, not really worth the trouble to save $20.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Not the popular opinion here but I hated the BDX Black Box intake. The front vent always had tree branches sticking through them; the airbox would fill with snow and restrict airflow. The vents were always clogged and iced up, all of them, even the shock tower vents. It just didn't work for me. I was always having to re-silicon the joints to keep the snow out. There has to be a better N/A intake setup out there. I also have the rear axle and it works well. I cut and tapped one on one sled and bought the BDX for the second sled, not really worth the trouble to save $20.

There is a better air box..... CPCs is similar to BDXs but better in that, inside the box it has a HUGE foam filter that would still work if your entire nose cone was full of snow. Yes it still has the prefilter material on the nose that you don't like but, if thats your biggest gripe about these air boxes then put pet screen over the prefilter on the nose or remove the prefilter all together and use the pre-sock over the foam filter inside.

Prefilter sock over foam filter
sFilterCnCPlate-1.jpg

sFilterCnCPlate2.jpg

I have over 4000 HARD miles on all my vents, and I do have some holes in them. BUT zero.... I repeat ZERO snow inside the air box and ZERO snow in the side panel vents also. I have customized my air box and hood to help get more air tho!

DIGI0238-1.jpg

Clutchvents2.jpg

Premium Features