• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gen5 summit turbo big wheel kit

0Donk0

Dec 13, 2023
Wyoming
Hello, so ice age only makes a 9" big wheel kit for a gen5, and TKI and bmp make 10" kits.
Ice age says that a 10" wheel can cause a wave in the track to carry around from back to front and allow slippage on the drivers.
TkI and BMP say that they have seen this issue.

Of course while I'm wasting money on big wheels I want the biggest Ballin wheels.

Does anyone have any gen5 experience with this or anything to add about big wheels on a gen5 summit turbo?

I haven't seen alot out there about gen5 and big wheels yet only gen4 and older. I'm thinking with the newer sleds with more power if there was a problem make they extra ponies could exaggerate what ever the problem could be?

0Donk0

Dec 13, 2023
Wyoming
I hope so. It's a spefic bit of knowledge I know but ice age was real addimant that 10 was a no go and the rest are selling 10s and I've heard zero grumbling. Ever video I see with a gen5 and a sponsored rider has a big wheel kit. So either they all buy only ice age and have no issues to talk about, or no matter what kit it is there's nothing to mention?

The suspense is killing me... I want that big spinning rim swag!

hacktt10

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2015
Installing a 10” tki big wheel kit with ice age rails. Won’t have any ride until later January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
I would like to add to 0Donk0‘s great questions.
Iceage has rubber on the outside of the wheels vs other brands with just aluminum. Is snow build up on the aluminum wheels still a problem?

D

Daner1978

Nov 26, 2022
Cottonwood Heights Utah
Hello, so ice age only makes a 9" big wheel kit for a gen5, and TKI and bmp make 10" kits.
Ice age says that a 10" wheel can cause a wave in the track to carry around from back to front and allow slippage on the drivers.

Of course while I'm wasting money on big wheels I want the biggest Ballin wheels.

Does anyone have any gen5 experience with this or anything to add about big wheels on a gen5 summit turbo?

I haven't seen alot out there about gen5 and big wheels yet only gen4 and older. I'm thinking with the newer sleds with more power if there was a problem make they extra ponies could exaggerate what ever the problem could be?
I made the mistake of going 10 inch wheels and had to go back to the 9 inch wheel. Very true, you will get waves in track and causes drivers to slip.

0Donk0

Dec 13, 2023
Wyoming
I made the mistake of going 10 inch wheels and had to go back to the 9 inch wheel. Very true, you will get waves in track and causes drivers to slip.
Thanks for sharing! So did it happen alot or was there only a certain condition that caused it?

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
Iceage has rubber on the outside of the wheels vs other brands with just aluminum. Is snow build up on the aluminum wheels still a problem?

Snow buildup was always a problem on aluminum wheels can’t imagine it changed. The 9” with the rubber though seems like it would work pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I plan on installing the ICEAGE wheels on my G5 this summer.
I did find the solid aluminum wheels built up ice on days when the underside of the tunnel generated "water"..

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

there might be a few comments in this thread that would help.

0Donk0

Dec 13, 2023
Wyoming
I bought the ice age 9" after all my life coaches told me too. I'll never see full compression jumping but my 300lb life might find full compression pretty easily at some point anyway.

0Donk0

Dec 13, 2023
Wyoming
Well, this is my 9 inch ice age hell fire wheel review... noticed absolutely nothing, iced up and vibrated the track anyway, no spinning rim options. 3 put of 5 stars wouldn't change a thing. 🤣🤣🤣
20240107_193803.jpg

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
big wheel kits=strictly for the bling.
no one would buy them if they looked exactly like stock wheels even if any benefits were 10X whatever the marketing says.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
big wheel kits=strictly for the bling.
no one would buy them if they looked exactly like stock wheels even if any benefits were 10X whatever the marketing says.
I think many would strongly disagree.
Its nice that they look great.
But the fact that they WORK is even better.,

0Donk0

Dec 13, 2023
Wyoming
I think many would strongly disagree.
Its nice that they look great.
But the fact that they WORK is even better.,
They don't do anything. I couldn't back up easier, didn't get up to speed faster, wheelies were easier. Nothing test show result whatsoever. Waste of money besides in the case of a repair. But I do think if the change was bigger than form 8 to 9 inch you could show some scientific result but in this case, absolutely no gain in any way what so ever.
Sorry man, it hurts me more than you.

Premium Features