• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

turbo vanamburg custom mod 900

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
LAST CHANCE BEFORE I PART IT OUT!!!!!!!

-900 MC motor
-MC bulkhead
-vanamburg tunnel, drop brackets, edge cooler with U-Cooler (more than enough cooling) VE rear gas rack, green powder coated trim and brackets
-vanamburg drop and roll 2 down 4 back
-151x15x2" cutdown to 1.5" cpc coilover custom axis shock compression and rebound adjustments, chromoly suspension arms with 8" big wheels
-10 tooth drivers with 1 1/8th titanium driveshaft
-holz LW chromo 42" a arms that have been chrome plated and act shocks with ti springs, trix tuff LW aluminum spindles billet LW steering rack, C&A pro ski's
-CPI turbo kit, mitsu EVO3, turbo pipe, boost controller, CPI mechanical oil pump, coolant plumbed to turbo, exhaust exit through shock well (front dump).
-boost, fuel pressure, low oil pressure warning light, digitron with 2 egt's, rpm, CHT.
-boss seat
-fly bars and 6" risers, billet throttle block, aluminum brake lever, mountain strap
-TI bolts throughout, polished throughout, new clutches, fresh topend, around 1K miles total, been running 9lbs (220-235HP but capable of ALOT more, 18lbs 300+) been running with redline 40:1 and straight 110 sunoco (overkill for safety) runs great no probs, dialed in at 5K feet and up, ran at fairview, comparable with all the new EFI turbo sleds.

I have to many sleds and need to get rid of a few, wanna turbo the apex but dont need two turbos so im gunna do the 4stroke turbo route. Its the end of the year so I think $5,000 is more than fair for this sled and if I dont get that Im keepin it to ride next year! Or can make a deal on a COMPLETE BD turbo kit for an apex. If someone wants to get into a sweet turbo for a SMOKIN deal than here it is!!!!!

Ride mostly at 5-7K, took it to over 10K feet and didnt do anything more other than take about a 1/4 turn off the powerjets (took about 30 seconds with zero tools) ran perfect other than being a LITTLE bit rich on the bottom before boost from vac transition due to altitude but riding all weekend was not even a problem whatsoever, burned a few tanks through it with zero issues!!! The only thing this setup needs is a BOV to help with runon but it makes it a little more sluggish on and off the throttle so its a trade off and I opted not to install one as of yet and could use a liquid filled boost gauge since this ones a little jumpy on boost.

if you have any ?'s call me at 530 870 7119 thanks!

*****UPDATE***** 2-19-09***** Installed new clutching, gearing, BOV, boost controller, KMOD rear skid, bearings, pistons, liquid filled boost gauge this season! Sled is dialed in and ready to go!!!!!! this sled rips I just have a few to many and need to get rid of some sleds I will let it go for 5K firm!!!!!!

turbo swap meet 2 001.jpg turbo swap meet 2 002.jpg turbo swap meet 2 003.jpg turbo swap meet 2 004.jpg turbo swap meet 2 005.jpg

Last edited:

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
gotten alot of interest to part it out, ill give it another week and if no one wants a complete turn key mod turbo for cheap ill start tearin it down!

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
this is probably the last time I run this to the top, after this one I will probably start to part it, its been a great sled and hate to do it but the powderlites/RB3 kit has really made me wanna go that route!

Premium Features