• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tunnel

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
well i think this summer is going to be a tear down, do any of you guys know of a good place where i can get a aftermarket tunnel? also maybe some good idea into lightening the old T-cat up

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
id call up chad at crracingcanada.com excellent customer service and awesome fit and finish

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
Thanks for the information,.. but is there any other way of getting weight off?
also does anybody know how much weight the CR tunnel is compared to stock and how much the VE is also?

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
What year is your t-cat? About all you can do is, once you have it stripped down take a look at all the parts that come off and see if you can buy or fab lighter parts to replace some of the stuff can combine mounting points for electrical or reservoir bottles, oil, water. Replace the suspension parts change to lighter pipes-silencer. Lighter seat, maybe while your at it buy an M style carbed gas tank and fab a new steering stem hoop and make it a rider forward type. Should be fairly easy to change to this type of riding position. Raise the tunnel up or, buy an 08 or similar rear suspension and that will raise the rear up by itself.

Last edited:
S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
Nice thanks! well my rear end is as high as it can go about 4 feet off the ground from the bumper, its an 01 T-cat with a 136 1 3/4 about the steering hoop... would a King cat fit on there? their is a nice set up from CR racing.

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
VE mostdefinately!!! They nmake a strong sturdy tunnel. I had 2 good wipe outs last weekend and I think the only thing that didnt get a lil banged up was the tunnel. The ve was 5lbs lighter than my stock tunnel. Thats including gas racks, coolers minus the snowflap and taillight off the stock tunnel. They make for better climbing too as there isnt much running board to drag in the snow. This one is a VE boondocker, a good pic of mine with my lil daredevil on it.
Gaebwithsled003.jpg

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Look into getting the whole gas tank steering loop from the M series,, not the 1M thats the 900. Yours is pretty close to the King Cat now. Take some measuerments of the mounting locations. I wouldn't think it would be too difficult to get the M series stuff to fit. As far as the rear suspension goes like I said earlier get a 08 or if available look for an after market skid. Go 162 at least I know how heavy these babies are on the front end so longer the better.

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
thanks for all the feed back,
the reason why i wouldn't want to go more then a 144 is because i come from northern ontario and we don't get 6...7 feet of snow here lol more like 3....4 maybe 5 if were lucky and with the 136 it climbed pretty good really good.
So kmmac your saying that if i take the hoop from the M series i could also put the gas tank from one? how would that work would i have to cut my cab to route the steering post? send me some picture i would like to see what you guys have done thanks!

I have posted pictures the one picture is of when i first bought it my air looks funny long hair was the in thing lol.

Last edited:
Premium Features